“Very average resort”

JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 July 2007

The Marriott has a lovely location, but really isn't a four star hotel. We were in the South renovated wing and the rooms were beautifully decorated and quite large, but service and amenities are just average. Maybe my problem with the hotel is it's location.. If you don't enjoy the beach or pool ,Marco Island doesn't offer the same off property options as Naples, and the Marco resorts are not the same caliber as the Grande and Ritz Carlton found in Naples. On the positive side, Quinns on the beach has great lunches, good prices and a wonderful location, right on the beach. It's a fun gathering place for late night drinks. The pool next to Quinns is also very inviting. If you're going to Marco, this hotel is a good choice and you'll have a restful time if you like the water, but don't expect deluxe or you'll be disappointed.

Stayed: July 2007
5  Thank ldmFtlauderdaleFL

Reviewed 13 July 2007

OK otherwise but non smoking room had the stench of stale cigarette smoke which permeated everything.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank JDCfl1
Reviewed 11 July 2007

Just returned from 7 nights at the Marriott Resort on Marco Island. We have vacationed on Marco 4 other times, but this is the first visit staying in a hotel. (We usually stay in timeshare condos, Eagle's Nest and Charter Club.) But, Marriott made this vacation a great experience.

Being a Platinum member with Marriott Rewards I booked this trip using points and expected just a room with not much of a view. When I checked in, I was upgraded to a to the 9th floor on the end of the south tower. What an awesome view of Quinn pool and the beach. I also received breakfast buffet vouchers and access to the spa!

The room was very large and had a nice balcony. There were chairs and a small table on the balcony to relax and watch the sunrise and sunset. The room itself had two beds and small refrigerator to store drinks and snacks.

The resort had direct access to the beach and all the toys of the beach, sail-boats, wave-runners, parasailing and anything else you required. They even took orders for food and drinks on the beach. (I highly recommend the sail-boats, for $35 you can take them out for an hour and my kids had a blast!)

Marco is a great vacation spot, but if you tire of the beach & pool, there is not a lot else to do. We love to go off island and visit surrounding cities and attractions. We took the tour of Naples and that was fun. Golfing is everywhere in Naples. And the everglades are always close by.

We visited several restaurants and really liked Capt. Bryans (great seafood, fresh and huge portions) and Snook Inn (great Alaska King Crab legs on Thursday and Friday night buffet!).

Marco Island is one of my wife's favorite vacation spots and this year the Marriott really provided a great location for us to vacation.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank gcgolf14
Reviewed 8 July 2007

Myself along with my wife and 2 children stayed at the Marriott for 6 days. We requested a room in the South tower and received a room on the 10th floor with a fantastic view of the Gulf. We stayed here 2 years ago while the renovation was taking place and were anxious to see the changes that were made.
The new pool is beautiful, very warm! It is only 3 feet around the edges and 5 feet in the middle making it enjoyable for everyone.. The kids really liked it.

The Staff was very attentive and helpfull everywhere in the resort including the beach. We went on the Calusa Spirit shelling trip and had a great time.

The only down side to the Marriott is the cost of food and drinks. I realize it is a resort and expect to pay more for things because of it but kids meals at $8.95 (peanut butter and jelly) was a bit much. Frozen Drinks are $10 and the average cost for 4 to eat any meal on the property is about $70.

It is a great place and I will be planning to go back.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank PamandMike
Reviewed 5 July 2007

Just left the Marco Island Marriott Resort, but I wish I could have stayed longer! This was my first stay, but plan on going back next year, as the Fourth of July Fireworks were just off the beach!
Perfect viewing from the balcony of our room, facing the Gulf of Mexico in the South Tower. Michael and Barb are two of the friendly faces I remember at the Front Desk.
The room was tastefully decorated and housekeeping does a wonderful job.
Everyone who passed us in the halls greeted us and made us feel welcome.
Spent most of the day in the hot tub relaxing and people watching. There are 2 pools, one with a kids slide and another on the other side that they call Quinn's pool, which I understand is new. Very nice.
Had an awesome pizza at 400 Pazzi. As I understand, it is a new restuarant and it was great. I shared a Pizza Margherita with my father and my son had a Plain Cheese (Personal Size) served outside on the lanai, overlooking the water. The cost was less than 30.00 for lunch which I thought was reasonable, because we didn't have to leave the property. When we did leave, we went to the Sand Bar. We had an order of Nachos, Hot Wings, Soft Shell Crab Sandwich with Fries and a Chicken Philly Sub with They have free refills on their fountain drinks, so it was a great bargain at under $40.00.
They also have wave runner tours and parasailing right on the beach.
Bring the family-they will have a blast-we did!

Beware that there is some construction going on on the main road, Collier Blvd. but it isn't much of an inconvenience.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#11 of 59 in Naples
Marco Beach Ocean Resort
#2 of 12 in Marco Island

Been to JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!