All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanwash clotheswaffleschoose this hotelthe breakfast areaoff the highwayparking lot isbiscuits and gravyone night staynight's sleepstaff was friendlyking suitethe young ladynew orleansother hotelsfree breakfast
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Stayed here in January with family. Lucked upon a nice discount that was worth the stay. The beds were not the most comfortable, but they were alright for a two night stay. For some reason after 4 or 5 hours the keys would not work, so we had to go to the front desk to gain entry into our rooms for every trip away from the hotel. Another downfall was that our room was partially cleaned. Only one bed was made and trash was not emptied. Again, the discount was so good that there was no need to complain.

The best part of the the stay was the breakfast. Not continental, not just waffles, but a full breakfast with many options of food. There are not many hotels to choose from but if I find the same deal when I return I just may have to go back...lol However, if the rooms are full price, I will try another nearby hotel.

Room Tip: Stay near the desk in case your key doesn't work
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
FFS Marianna M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marianna, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback as it what we use to move closer in our quest for excellence. We assure that you inconveniences were isolated instances. We apologize and hope that you again give us a chance to provide you with a more excellent stay. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Plenty of parking. Right off I10. But... there were a couple of us in line at check in and desk person walked by us on cell phone and took a couple of minutes to get to the desk. I’ve been a Marriott gold member for nearly two decades and this is rare. Under window HVAC unit is noisy and too cool when on ( in your face) or too warm when off. Fitted sheets didn’t seem fitted. Elevator emits high frequency shriek occasionally that “offended” my hearing aids(yes I am a Senior). Not one thing was a deal breaker, but too many little annoyances. Will stay somewhere else next trip.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaryandBobontheroad
FFS Marianna M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marianna, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

MaryandBobontheroad,

First I want to thank you all for making us your choice of stay.We pride ourselves on delivering a positive guest experience. Your feedback is very valuable in our quest for excellence. We hope that you give us another chance to show you a more excellent stay and that your inconveniences are isolated occurrences. We wish you safety on the rest of your Travels!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I booked this hotel online about 5 hours before our arrival and found out that the hotel had sold out, since there was a youth baseball tournament in town. Even though it was a full hotel, we heard very little noise and liked that this building was away from the roadway. Very pleasant employees, and we had a clean, modern room on the top floor, my preferred location. The upholstered chair was small and looked too fragile to sit in, so I used the desk chair. I always have to move the single-serve coffee maker from the bathroom (ick!) to the desk, and we had only been provided with one pod of regular coffee, so the front desk clerk gladly gave me 3 more pods for the two of us.

My complaint - the bed was so hard that I ended up sitting at the desk with my head on the pillow to be able to sleep without my back screaming in pain. The a/c fan didn't have a low setting, it was just high - and I like it to be on instead of set to auto to use as white noise when sleeping. It also didn't seem to regulate very well. We forgot to set a wakeup alarm so would have missed breakfast that closed at 10am, but I mentioned that to the clerk as we were checking out. Who I think was the maintenance employee spoke up to say he thought there was still warm food available for us to eat even though breakfast was over. We were provided with hot and cold breakfast foods with a smile by him and the breakfast attendant, which we highly appreciated - that's first class customer service to make the guest happy.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Stopped just for the night, got a good rate on HotelTonight, the hotel was extremely clean, comfortable beds, wonderful breakfast selections. If we are in the the area again we would definately stop again - had a great recommendation at the front desk for a Mexican Restaurant close by, and it was awesome too. All the staff had smiling faces and appeared genuinely happy to have us as their guests. That's the kinds of hotel I like. Room was very clean, and restful.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2018

We usually try to find unusual accommodations, but there is not much in this area. We were in town to visit several state parks in the vicinity. This hotel has no charm, but was clean and had what we needed for one night. Breakfast was sufficient, and included what you expect. Front desk people and breakfast workers were very polite. Really the only complaint (which was probably user error) was that the room refrigerator must have been set on the most cold setting, and all our food was frozen in the morning.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple