“Overnight stay plus B& B”
Review of The Oak at Dewlish

The Oak at Dewlish
Ranked #1 of 1 Dewlish B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 October 2016

Room very nice food in the pub very chip orientated but ok. Could have done with a bit more variety but acceptable for a little pub. Breakfast ok but all deep fried, beer choice good and staff friendly, it suited us as met up with friends who had rented a house nearby. Would give it 8 out of 10

Room Tip: Only 3 rooms but clean
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 September 2016

Wonderful village pub, with a real local feel. Great food, friendly staff who offer great service and very comfortable bed and breakfast rooms. The breakfast is a real bonus to this already lovely country pub.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 9 September 2016

Always friendly , superb value great food, dogs made very welcome , nice selection of unusual beers and ciders
Didn't actually stay in the accommodation but do drive about 30 miles (60 round trip ) to keep coming back for food.
Menu not huge but all superb

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2016

Pleased to see that the new management have slightly extended the menu in that there were more specials on our recent visit.
Excellent service early on a Wednesday evening. The specials were in a range of £10-£14 and I thought my 12 oz rump steak with generous mushrooms and vegetables was superb. Desserts at £4.95 were sensible. There were three similar real ales at £3.40 and I hope the new management do NOT forget the splendid weight 6% stout they offered twice a few months ago from the Cerne Abbas brewery.
It was actually pretty sad that Diana was now living in Puddletown and I hope she will pop back - I miss her cheeriness. At this moment in time the service remains admirable and I hope it stays like that.
This is a lovely country pub, with a nice feel. It is far less 'gastro pub' than others nearby and therefore better value in my opinion

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2016

I stayed here for 4 nights and had 2 dinners at this lovely pub/bed and breakfast.

The staff are very friendly and went out of their way to look after me - I was out in the daytimes at the Great Dorset Steam Fair and every evening I arrived back tired and grubby - but I was always made very welcome.

Special thanks to Sally who cooked my breakfast each morning - she came in extra early so that I could beat the traffic on my way back to the fair. Sally also handled a tricky situation with a customer who claimed that there was no hot water (there was loads), that his shower had been dirty (mine was spotless), and that he had to wait 5 mins for his room - I have stayed in many hotels where I have had to wait a lot longer.

All in all this is a very nice, family run pub / bed and breakfast. I would highly recomend this to anyone and we will be returning to this lovely place.

Room Tip: It is a pub, so don't expect silence at 7pm but they do shut the pub on the dot but we are not e...
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends

Been to The Oak at Dewlish? Share your experiences!