“Wow, just wow”

Tio Cali's la Vara Grill
Ranked #161 of 446 Restaurants in Melbourne
Description: Scratch Colombian cuisine. Homemade sausage,burgers, steaks, seafood, ceviche and more! From our family to yours.
Reviewed 20 August 2017

We've been wanting to stop in and check this new spot out. Great authentic food and plenty of gluten free options too!

Reviewed 29 September 2016

I am Colombian, and felt the craving for empanadas. Boy was I on spot for the right place. That´s all I ordered, beef empanadas with Colombiana (the Colombian soda) accompanied with homemade aji (a must garnish for empanada) All in all, it was delicious, authentic, and the service from the owner, very special. Will go back and edit as I go through the menu. Try the Bandeja paisa (no it is not a light dish)

Good service, a clean place, and GREAT food.

1  Thank cami2901
Reviewed 20 July 2016

Traditional Columbian foods and beverages prepared and cooked with passion and savored in a modern atmosphere and simple elegance. Tio Calis reminds us of a mom and pop eatery we enjoyed in Cartagena last year. The owners and staff serve Columbian's warm hospitality well. The food is made from scratch to the pleasure of your taste buds; Empanadas, Arepas, Mariquitas, Steak, Fish, Burger with a pleasant Latin touch and the famous Columbian made-in-house Sausages and Ceviches. Plenty of small dishes are offered at $ 4.00 for tasting and savoring. Open 11:00-9:00 Tues/Sat and 12:00 -4:00 on Sunday.

2  Thank Thrgrumpygourmet
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

My wife and went there for lunch and were blown away by how good the food was. The sancocho soup was absolutely delicious , the red beans were the best beans of any kind I have ever had and the plantains were also the best I've had. We also tried the Columbian sausage it was very flavorful you can tell right away everything was made from scratch. Our waitress Camilla was so helpful answering all our questions and very attentive. This is a family owned restaurant and they cook from the heart. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

We discovered Tio Cali's by accident and glad we did! It's in a strip shopping center kind of hidden. We had fruit smoothies, ceviche, red beans and guacamole appetizer. All was excellent!!!! Fresh ingredients and well prepared. Great friendly service from family run business.
Tio Cali's is worth finding..........