“Best Ice Cream Flavor Ever!”

Jacqueline’s Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 14 Bakeries in Melbourne
Description: An Authentic French Bakery & Café in Historic Downtown Melbourne, serving Artisan Breads & Pastries, as well as Edy's Ice Cream.
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Okay, this review is only about one single item on one visit but OMG! My wife and I had eaten earlier at Meg O'Malley's were out walking and went into Jacueline's for a look. My wife said she was still stuffed and didn't want anything. I spotted an ice cream flavor I had never seen before, and it looked good. I believe it was a Peruvian type - Dulce something or other (Sorry!). I ordered a single scoop in a waffle cone and handed it to my wife while I paid. After I paid I turned around and my wife had already eaten a third of the ice cream cone. She didn't want to give it up, and after I managed to wrestle it away from her I found out why. Simply put, it was the most delicious ice cream I had ever eaten. OMG!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Excellent pastries and muffins!!! Great service and very friendly!! Many temptations to choose from!! I loved the blueberry muffins and my friend loves the scones and Irish soda bread!!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This is a new bakery but they really have it all together. The French pastries and bakes goods are just wonderful. Only one problem is....I can't have one of each on every visit. The pastries are sweet but not over the top sweet. I love anything filled with cream and goodness. Everyone should stop by for a taste delight but then take some home for your evening treat!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

You can see everything the baker does to prepare the breads, pastries, quiches behind the glass enclosure. Display cases full of delicious choices. It will be hard to select just one. Lunch items served as well. Cozy seating areas inside.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Wonderful for breakfast pastries, or any time! Truly French pastries and breads. Don't expect Panera level...this is the real deal!