“Real French Pastries and Great Ice Cream”

Jacqueline’s Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 13 Bakeries in Melbourne
Description: An Authentic French Bakery & Café in Historic Downtown Melbourne, serving Artisan Breads & Pastries, as well as Edy's Ice Cream.
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I've been here a few times on trips to Melbourne/Palm Bay to visit my sister and mother who are absolutely ga-ga abut this place.

I'm not quite as crazy about it as they are. It does offer AUTHENTIC French pastries. The "problem" with that is that they tend to be less sweet than their American Counterparts. For people who grew up on overly sweetened treats such as Twinkies or Ho-Ho's or Swiss Cake Rolls, the pastries here are not as sweet.

Of course, the opposite is true: if you think that the above items are way TOO sweet, then you will find the treats here more to your liking.

I like the chocolate tartlets but found the heart-shaped chocolate cake to dry. I had the expresso chip ice cream on my last visit and it was great. My wife had a Paris Breast (correct spelling) and we both thought it was kind of bland.

Average price for the pastries is about $5.00. Service was great and very personable. They know my mom and sis very well.

This is in downtown Melbourne (New Haven Ave). Parking is always a pain in this area. On the last visit we were there about 8:00-8:30 on a Saturday night and my sister had to park around the block.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Okay, this review is only about one single item on one visit but OMG! My wife and I had eaten earlier at Meg O'Malley's were out walking and went into Jacueline's for a look. My wife said she was still stuffed and didn't want anything. I spotted an ice cream flavor I had never seen before, and it looked good. I believe it was a Peruvian type - Dulce something or other (Sorry!). I ordered a single scoop in a waffle cone and handed it to my wife while I paid. After I paid I turned around and my wife had already eaten a third of the ice cream cone. She didn't want to give it up, and after I managed to wrestle it away from her I found out why. Simply put, it was the most delicious ice cream I had ever eaten. OMG!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Excellent pastries and muffins!!! Great service and very friendly!! Many temptations to choose from!! I loved the blueberry muffins and my friend loves the scones and Irish soda bread!!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This is a new bakery but they really have it all together. The French pastries and bakes goods are just wonderful. Only one problem is....I can't have one of each on every visit. The pastries are sweet but not over the top sweet. I love anything filled with cream and goodness. Everyone should stop by for a taste delight but then take some home for your evening treat!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

You can see everything the baker does to prepare the breads, pastries, quiches behind the glass enclosure. Display cases full of delicious choices. It will be hard to select just one. Lunch items served as well. Cozy seating areas inside.