“One of Brevard's Best”

Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Locally sourced ingredients, internationally inspired cuisine
Reviewed 13 October 2017

The Six Amigos chose The Nomad Cafe as our Flavor! restaurant this week.
It more than held its own with our previous choices, both of which were older and larger.
The restaurant looks great with some new art that I have not seen there before hanging on the wall.
The service was impeccable.
The items we ordered from the Flavor! menu were exceptional, but for one.
The beet and fish crevich appetizers were both nice to look at and tasty.
As befits "the soup and sauce guy," Nomad offered a soup course unlike the other places that we have been. The potato soup that most of us chose was outstanding.
Three of us had the pork shank entree. I had the shrimp and grits. Everyone who had it raved about the pork shank. The shrimp and grits were beautifully presented. I ate about half and had the rest for dinner the next night. Good stuff!!
The flan and tres leche were very good desserts, even if on the small side.
The one problem was the filet mignon that one of our party ordered. He specifically asked for it to be pink on the inside. It was bright red. There really is no excuse for that. He should have sent it back, but unfortunately did not do so.
That aside, it was a lovely evening.
The Nomad Cafe continues to be a Brevard gem.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We decided to give Nomad a try given all the rave reviews. I'm not understanding the popularity or reviews. The service is poor and inattentive, the food is underwhelming. The price is not consistent with the quality and service. We ordered the Beef Pate - it was chunks of I think left over roast, in no way could it be considered Pate. It was not seasoned well and tasted like what it was old, re-purposed beef. The presentation was nice and we liked the pickled onions. The drunken fish and Chicken Francaise suffered the same fate, looked good coming out, but didn't deliver - severely lacking in flavor. Add a couple glasses of wine and beer and the total is $73.30 - there are better restaurants in Melbourne.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Because many friends love this place, I'll probably try it again, but I will certainly ask more questions about the food before I order. Considering how unbusy the place was, our waiter barely paid attention to us. Even when we asked for something, he agreed and then never returned. I had the French Salad, with duck added to it. Bad choice! While the greens were lovely, the goat cheese was overwhelmingly strong, and the duck seemed to be greasy frizzled bits scraped from the bottom of a roasting pan. I ate all the greens, piling up the cheese and duck on a corner of the plate. Was the waiter at all curious or solicitous? Nope!

I give them great praise for posting a sign how drinking straws are so dangerous to sea turtles. This is a valuable message, and now every time I am offered a straw, I refuse it. Their sense of environmental concern will draw me back for another go at the menu.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

First timer at this restaurant and was pleasantly surprised with quality of food and atmosphere. I had the fish tacos and they were very good. The service was excellent. Definitely will go back.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We were exploring the Melbourne area and came across this little converted (gas station?) on the corner. Cars loaded in the parking lot--a good sign!

The menu is locally sourced and boasts a great variety of selection. Service was very prompt and polite, local artisans displayed their work in the walls. It is a tiny little place, but they manage to get everyone in

Our lunches were excellent, I lived my burrito. They also had a selection of in-house desserts! Yum!