“Outstanding Sunday Brunch with Friend.”

Chart House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 450 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Haven
Reviewed 9 January 2016

My friend and I visited this place on Sunday, December 13. We made reservations so we could be assured of a seat by the window. We started out with full glasses of champagne ($2 each). Although there is a full menu, we chose to stick with the brunch menu and have the salad bar. And what a salad bar it is! Caviar, with all the accompaniments -- chopped eggs, sour cream, etc., assortments of the freshest salads, breads. Too much to mention here. My friend had a crab and asparagus omelet, and I had the crab cake Benedict. Fantastic! Of course, we needed boxes, but chose to have dessert as well! We shared the hot chocolate lava cake (order thirty minutes in advance) and I had espresso. We truly did not want to leave. The view is great, with people paddleboarding, and boating. Beautiful Florida birds all about with pods of dolphins jumping in the water right in front of you. If I lived closer, I'd be there every week. Great ambience and very, very clean.

1  Thank Betterhomesinflorida

Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

Last time over a year ago it was amazing quiet dining experience with low romantic music, beautiful dinner for couples time. This time was more like a crazy noisy bar. Food was still good just not the ambiance we were looking for. Toooooo noisy.
It was forced valet parking. They had cones all over and it got stuck on my tire and was traumatic to remove. No one helped of the valet who were present. Not a good experience like last time. Could not wait to leave.

Reviewed 7 January 2016

We made a reservation for our wedding anniversary dinner. They asked us if it was a special occasion, which we told them. Oddly, that was never mentioned by the wait staff. This would be the only negative. I must preface this by saying that we rarely go out for dinner. My husband is an excellent cook, so we are always looking for superb food and dining experiences. We ordered the crunchy coconut shrimp for an appetizer, chopped spinach salad and lobster bisque, and crab stuffed shrimp and scallops Italia. It was really way too much food, but it was outstanding. Our server was efficient and courteous. We had a table next to the window, but it was too dark to enjoy the view. Next time we will go for lunch, order less, and maybe indulge in the lava cake--their specialty. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 4 January 2016 via mobile

It was not awful but I have had better. The service was not bad. The server brought us food we did not order. Two of us got the special. Mahi with crab and seracha cream sauce. The mahi was overlooked and barely the taste of crab. The primerib was good. Tuna ahi dinner the tuna was good but it the sauce had zero flavor. The oyster Rockefeller were great. The crab cake was good. The lava cake and the Mississippi mud pie were very good. The thing is for the price .......ok. I do not go to upscale restaurant for desert. If you are going to eat seafood it needs to be fresh with a good sauce. The fish was over cooked the sauce had no wow factor. So go for happy hour! (Or go somewhere else)!

1  Thank Angelina G
Reviewed 2 January 2016

We started in the bar with cocktails and happy hour appetizers. The Ahi Tuna nachos were good and the firecracker shrimp very delicious. For dinner my husband had the early bird prime rib that was a good portion and came with their awesome salad bar. It was cooked nicely and was very tasty. I had the Ahi Tuna with spiced topping. Very generous portion that was very good.