“Dinner after work.”

Hemingway's Tavern
Ranked #3 of 450 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$0 - US$6
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Hemingway's Tavern is more than a tavern. It is a quaint spot for a nice meal after work. There is outside dining available with overhead fans to keep you cool while you enjoy a nice beverage and munch on some apps.

The staff was friendly and welcoming. As a business traveler this means a lot.

I had the Conch Fritters for an app. They were tasty but a little chewy. The dipping sauce was good enough to look beyond the minor fault.

I had the signature Cuban sandwich for dinner and it was really good. The addition of pulled pork makes this a must to try. The pork was tender and complimented the ham and swiss really well.

I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Outstanding menu and bar! Atmosphere galore. Quaint experience - memorabilia everywhere, patio dining, and specials that are REMARKABLE!

Fabulous movie theatre next door - BONUS! (Premier Oaks Movie Theatre)

Conch Fritters too bready for my taste - only negative.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

My sister and I shared. She ordered the Half a Vuban sandwich and zucchini shrimp soup and I ordered a cup of soup and salad.?we asked for the half a Cuban sandwich to be cut in half and it was served to us each half on its own plate with Cole slaw. We shared the salad! A bit noisy for lunch but the food was great!

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

The place is nice, very gentle people. Food was very well served. I took the Hemingway Snapper (picture) with a lobster tail. Very well done. Delicious rice.

I Recommend the guava cheesecake (picture) for desert !

Reviewed 31 August 2017

A very enjoyable evening eating at Hemingway's. The menu was quite different with interesting spices, sauces and options which would cater to a wide variety of diners. The portions are generous. There is both inside and outside seating and the atmosphere is casual and obviously Hemingway themed as to maps, photos and other decorations. The food was served promptly but not too fast and the service was cordial and attentive without being cloying. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are visiting the Melbourne, FL area.