“Terrible & a total waste of time......”

Miami Marriott Dadeland
Ranked #69 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Upon arriving at this hotel, it was quickly noted that this trip would be one i would not soon forget.
First thing, 7 of my co-workers and myself were pleased with the front desk clerks who helped as much as they could but the hotel policy itself sucked. We all stayed for 7 days and had 14 days charged to our credit cards. All of our rooms were prepaid via company credit card but yet we were charged double, actually tripple. In order to have this reversed the hotel took 10 days to do this. This was a hamper the entire trip.

Secondly, the parking facilities here suck. 20 bucks a day for parking? Must be crazy. Then when we did decide to park 7 different vehicles, 4 didnt make it. There was no space. We had to revert to parking in the Publix across the street and risk being towed.

Thirdly, the hotel staff that manned the floors were very rude. One evening we were comming up the elevators from the mall and asked for assistance. This guy looked us from head to toe and said to us " Im sorry, I cant help your kind." Now, I am not sure what most people take this to mean, but as someone who has traveled around the world, I know what it meant. This was reported and nothing came out of it..........nothing!!!!!!!!

Fourth, Majority of us stayed with little kids in this hotel and you are trying to tell me I cant get a microwave to warm my baby's milk? What makes it even worse, I had to go down to the front desk everytime I wanted to heat a bottle for the kids and get someone to escort me to what I considered to be the "priveliged" floor to heat a bottle.

The only reason we continued to stay here was becasue it was already paid for by our company and they had already screwed up everyone of our credit cards.

The only two things I can say about this hotel that attempted to compensate was the wifi service and it proximity to shopping facilities. other than that, this hotel sucked !!!!!!

I will never stay there again neither will I recommend it to any one else.

BTW, the mini bar in the refidgerator was too expensive. Why should I spend money on a little bottle when I could have walked across the street to the liquor store in Publix and get the same things at a fraction of the price???????

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I've stayed at this hotel at least ten times this year and a few times a year for the past 8 years or so. I love the proximitely to the mall and the expressway. As a business traveler it's very convenient in case of forgotten items. Not to mention the closest "store" to the enterance is the Cheese Cake Factory and you can't go wrong there. Back to the hotel, great facility for business or pleasure. Comfortable oversized rooms with beds and pillows that will keep you down for too many snooze sessions. I always feel like a welcomed guest at the front desk, very quick but still friendly and accomodating. I've never had an issue here with the internet connection as I have in other chains. I should mention also the pool deck on the 7th floor is a very nice outdoor space. The gym is also up here and provides a nice view of the pool while you're working out.

Room Tip: The higher floors offer some great views... I've had rooms where I could see both the downtown s...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Angie S
Reviewed 14 November 2011

we went to do some shopping and sightseeing in Miami, the hotel is very comfortable, walking distance to the dadeland mall, the room was renew, the bed and pillows were so good, breakfast is very good, people were friendly, if i come back again, certanly i will come back

Room Tip: choose a renew room, it has everything you need, beds and pillow are very good, as well as the ameni...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank pfl0res
Reviewed 12 November 2011

In walking distance to dadeland mall. Great location! Nice staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Negatives - Mattresses are soft (hit or miss, depending on the room), restaurant items are pricey
Positives - Come here for business regularly. This is a top quality hotel. Every person who works in this hotel greets you. Staff are so friendly and customer focused. Restaurant food is excellent and quite tasty, but but pricey. Concierge and taxi staff work hard, but do a spectacular job. All rooms have large flat screen TV's with cable. Cleaning staff does an amazing job as well. Well equipped gym with an outdoor pool. about 3 blocks away is the Dadeland Mall which is great for shopping.

Room Tip: If you have gold or platinum status, ask to stay on the Concierge level.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank lone6star
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Aloft Miami Dadeland
#5 of 7 in Kendall
Coconut Grove
Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
Downtown
JW Marriott Miami
JW Marriott Miami
#54 of 127 in Miami

Been to Miami Marriott Dadeland? Share your experiences!