“Beautiful, even after this past hurricane season”

Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
Book In Advance
More Info
US$63.00*
and up
Admission to Vizcaya Museum and Gardens with...
Ranked #3 of 308 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Built in 1916 as a winter retreat, this lavish villa is a tribute to the Italian Renaissance. The museum contains much of the original furnishings and artwork, and is surrounded by lush, formal gardens.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Beautiful and well-preserved estate from the early 1900s! One of the top visitors sites to see around Miami and we’re very glad we went! Not sure if they allow wedding or engagement photos, but it’s the kind of place where you can imagine lots of people would love to do that there.

Date of experience: February 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (6,416)
All reviews
"photo shoots"
in 72 reviews
"the main house"
in 48 reviews
"beautiful place to visit"
in 51 reviews
in 84 reviews
"coconut grove"
in 58 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I always enjoy touring mansions and this one did not disappoint. We spent a lovely two hours walking thru the house and gardens. If I return, I will probably purchase the audio tour.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Spent an afternoon here and it was delightful. The grounds are immaculate, the views are spectacular, and there is also a rich history there. It was highly recommended by the locals, and I'm happy I listened to their advice.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit to Vizcaya Museum & Gardens. We decided to visit because of the good reviews. We were not disappointed. We took the guided tour, as suggested, and we're glad we did. It was quite informative and offered more details than the descriptions posted. Joanne, our tour guide, was very good and greeted everyone before we started. It made us all feel welcome. The buildings and grounds are maintained as well as can be expected for a public museum. The staff were all friendly and helpful, with a smile on their face. We are from Northern California, but if we lived nearby, I would get a membership because the grounds are beautiful to just walk around. Parking was free. We saw lots of photographers with to - be brides or girls getting ready to celebrate their quinceanera. They were setting up for an event so the East Terrace was roped off. Guests were still allowed to walk around the landing to look at the Barge. I would definitely recommend this to others.

Date of experience: March 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I had been wanting to see this museum for a while, and we ran out of things to do this year, so we visited. Was not disappointed! It is a beautiful place (sadly, pretty battered by the 2017 hurricanes). It is a place to spend a couple of hours if you want to see everything, because it looks smaller than it actually is! There's not much to drink though, although I think that's also because of the hurricane. The visit was lovely, and I would definitely go back again with a bit more time!

Date of experience: January 2018