“Great Indian Food with Friendly, Attentive Staff!”
Review of Saffron at Grove

Saffron at Grove
Reserve with OpenTable
Saffron at Grove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #917 of 4,525 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Reviewed 20 January 2018

Saffron is new; the owner let us know it'd only been around for a few weeks, and so I have a feeling they will move into the "excellent" range as they expand their menu and address some of the noise concerns my spouse and I noticed with the 24 hour gym above them.
1. The food: is delicious. I noticed that the Aloo Gobi a tad sweeter than I usually experience, but this did not detract from my meal. I ordered it with medium intensity on the spice and found this to be an accurate gauge; the food had some heat without losing flavor, which is crucial. The Carrot Halwa is the best I've had- it had a more pudding like texture than other places I've enjoyed this dessert, which really made it special.
2. The price: reasonable. With many restaurants in Coconut Grove overpriced for what they offer, Saffron's prices in relation to portion sizes is spot on.
3. The staff: knowledgeable and friendly. Despite it being quiet when I was there, the staff were attentive enough without it feeling like they were bored. I've eaten at other new restaurants where this privacy/courtesy was not granted, and so I commend the staff.
4. The noise: this is 100% not the restaurants fault. Apparently there is a gym just upstairs that allows people to throw/drop their free weights around. My spouse and I enjoyed a pleasant meal and noticed the noise stopped sometime during our time there, so I am hoping the gym talks with their patrons about proper use of free weights or the restaurant owner addresses this issue (if he has not already).

Overall, Saffron has a lot going for it. I think with a few small tweaks it will be a great fixture of the neighborhood.

1  Thank Sara R

Been to Saffron at Grove? Share your experiences!