“You're better off going to a motel on the Miami Strip”

Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites
Ranked #38 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 15 October 2017

WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER!!! If you're a person of color do not go there because they automatically judge you and give you "service" accordingly. None of the housekeeping speak English and were rude because we didn't speak Spanish. Our room had a foul odor and half of the carpet was soaking wet when we arrived and instead of complaining we decided to remedy the situation by airing out the room and buying air freshener, which we shouldn't have had to do. Then on top of that they barely came to clean or replenish our towels or tissue and when requested it seemed like we were a nusance. They don't clean the pool at all and when asked about it we were given empty promises. They force you to pay 18% gratuity for a breakfast buffet that takes forever to replenish the food with no waitressing service and then when you pay cash without giving the gratuity because you weren't serviced they charge your room by watching on the camera to see which room you went into. Some staff members were very condescending and we were forced to change our own sheets twice during our stay. The overall customer service was HORRIBLE!!! I would never go back there ever in my life I was better off staying at a motel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank aElays
00gc, General Manager at Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Alisha,

On behalf of our entire staff please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointments you experienced during your recent stay. We value each and every guest that walks through our doors regardless of race. It concerns me that you felt your were treated differently by some of our associates and I will address this matter promptly with all department managers. Additionally, I apologize for the disappointments with the service which you received from our breakfast associates. This too will be addressed and I truly appreciate you bringing to our attention.

I hope you will consider another stay with us in the future where we can provide you with a much more positive experience.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Convenient access to MIA and a walking distance to the shops and restaurants of Lille Havana. Very friendly and efficient hotel staff. After our 5-day stay, my family and I left with fond memories of them.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
00gc, General Manager at Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you for staying at the Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel. We are glad to know you were impressed with your our convenient location and the attentive service provided by our staff. Thanks again for recognizing our great value, and we look forward to hosting you and your family again whenever your travels bring you back here.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Very quiet and clean environment. The staff were very accommodating during our stay as my wife had eye surgery a a nearby medical facility. We were offered a "quiet room" and they extended every courtesy to ensure we were comfortable especially Adriana on the front desk. Excellent service!!
My wife remarked that the environment feels "very homely".

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
00gc, General Manager at Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Craige, here at Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel and Suites, we strive to provide outstanding service, and it is encouraging to receive confirmation that our efforts make a difference. I will share your compliments with Adriana and rest of the team. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you both back on a future visit.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

To me it's always the staff who make an impact on how pleasant of a stay it is for me. Angel was keen to make me feel at home and welcomed. He was motivated to inform me of any questions I had. The room was clean, food was good, and the service was excellent.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
00gc, General Manager at Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Cristian, thank you for choosing Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel and Suites and taking time to review your stay. It was a pleasure to read about the excellent service you received from Angel. It's important that all of our guests have a great experience, and we're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks again for allowing us to be of service. We hope to have the pleasure of doing so again.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Found myself here for a night on an unplanned stopover thanks to American Airlines.
I've not stayed in another Miami hotel so I've not got any comparisons but the room on the 7th floor was spacious, two doubles, clean and had ferocious AC...but it's dated and basic, no water in the room, very old furnishings etc, just felt like a hotel that had seen better days.
Staff friendly and located close to Airport, but I wouldn't come back by choice, there has to be better quality than this - even if American Airlines are paying for it!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary R
00gc, General Manager at Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Gary, thank you for sharing your candid comments. It’s nice to know our close proximity to the airport was convenient for your needs and that you liked our courteous associates. However, we apologize for falling short of your expectations. Your feedback is of utmost value, and we will use it as a training tool to improve our performance further. We hope to have one more chance so we can make a favorable impression of our hotel.