“Excellent Indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3195 Commodore Plaza
Description: Our dining room dining room falls somewhere between red-velvet regal and Slum Dog casual, with white table linens, fresh roses and vinyl-coated menus. There's gentle, tinkling music, authentic if slightly wooze-inducing incense and, for better weather, a petite patio. Our menu is centered mostly on the northern half of the country but includes fiery Goan specialties and henna-red vindaloo. Our knowledgeable, welcoming and sincere staff makes ordering easy for novices. Meals begin with a complimentary stack of crisp pappadom with thimbles of thick-cut onion chutney and a green-as-fresh-cut-grass coriander version for dipping. A side order of mixed chutneys yields store-bought but no less delicious sour mango pickle and sweet mango chutney. Come visit our lovely, value-priced dreamy addition to Coconut Grove!
Reviewed 5 March 2021

I rarely praise any Indian restaurant outside India. But this restaurant won my heart.

I ate here continuously on 3 different days in Feb’2021. That says something.

Every dish I ate here was excellent. The bhindi, chicken tandoori, Mutton Chop masala, Chicken tikka, lachcha parantha, – all were excellent.

The service was mostly excellent by Indian waiters, who all were very polite and amigable.

Negatives

1. Extremely expensive. Was alone, each meal. Each meal cost close to 80-90 usd including 2 beers with each meal and no deserts.
2. The music and ambience was very loud and too many waiters walking up and down and not letting one relax.
3. The insistence of waiters to pour my beer in my glass was extremely annoying. They would sneak up from behind my back ( yes, true story!) , and suddenly try to grab my beer bottle and pour it in my glass. Hey senior manager, reading this review, this is not required on present day due to COVID. Please advise your staff, to take permission before touching the beer bottle of the guest. I know you want me to finish the beer and order next beer fast - but its NOT required to be so desperate.
4. There was no one waiter serving the table. In course of one meal, 5 waiters were serving me. I found it extremely annoying and stressful. Hey senior manager, reading this review, Can you please allocate one waiter per table than plethora of waiters per table?

I have taken out one star from review due to the negative points mentioned above,

Hope you find my review, helpful? In case you did, please not hesitate to click on “I found the review helpful” tab. Thank you.

Date of visit: February 2021
2  Thank Sally M
Write a reviewReviews (652)

Reviewed 2 March 2021 via mobile

Excellent Naan. Delicious mango yogurt drink. Amazing lamb dish! Gorgeous outside seating. Highly recommend but prepare to go to bed right after very filling. They have an awesome lunch special where you get samosas, a protein, naan rice and a cute desert for a great price

Date of visit: February 2021
2  Thank Memily222
Reviewed 1 November 2020 via mobile

Beautiful amazing place food is delicious dry friendly service was very welcoming and kids friendly place white table cloth price very affordable. The best Indian restaurant that I had in a long time

Date of visit: November 2020
2  Thank 976noelm
Reviewed 6 October 2020

We stayed nearby and this was by far the best food! The lentil soup is fantastic as are the onion bhajis!

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank islandgirlwellness
Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

The best Indian food in miami
The Lamb pasanda is perfect
I love very Naan and the desserts are just....yumi

Date of visit: March 2020
2  Thank mayabentu

Been to Bombay Darbar? Share your experiences!