“Kinda Disappointing ”
Review of Kone Sushi

Kone Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Kone Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #232 of 4,308 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington Avenue
Description: KONE is a new concept of sushi restaurant. To better describe this concept there's three main words, exquisite, modern, and share. It's an all-new-way to peruse Japanese food. We have a strong Brazilian fusion on our recipes. Why is that? Well, the biggest colony of Japanese in the world is in Brazil. That tropical spirit mixed with the life changing experience of that community in a whole new environment, the American continent, have created a new complete exquisite experience, modern and innovative. And that's what we want to share.
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

The tried the ceviche sampler and crab kone. The food was good enough but the service is awful! I'm server is really nice but is a no show. I've been sitting here for over ten minutes with an empty glass waiting to order dessert and hopefully receive my check. At least I have the menus to keep me company since they were never cleared along with my finished plates.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Sushi is not as fresh as it should be. Service is slow. We had the all you can eat option which I think it is not an option in a good restaurant

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

My friends and I were walking around Downtown, Miami and doing our shopping and decided to eat sushi and saw this nice looking place close to the hotel. We were greeted by a nice guy which I assume was not the hostess but one of the servers. Very nice personality. Overall, it was a great place to eat sushi and have a couple of beers. We had the tsunami roll, crunchy monster, salmon special, California roll, and the hot Philadelphia. To drink a couple of beers, and a tea. Along w a seaweed salad and a house salad. Love the ginger dressing. The guy that greeted us and sat us down was also our server, busser and bar tender bec he made our drinks himself as I saw from our table. The place is not really that big so you are able to see everything they do. His name was Ivan, and he was extremely professional and extremely attentive to our table. He suggested a few drinks and a few sakes along w their daily specials.

Wish every where go someone would be as attentive and outgoing as him. Would recommend him as a server anytime. He seemed to know he's work and very imigable while attending our table. Even after attending other tables. Thanks Ivan. Next time we visit Miami, we will surely ask for you.

We will definitely go back to eat sushi here. We had a fenomenal time w the food and with our service.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

We were craving for some Sushi last week. As usual, my wife relied on me to pick a good place for our date night. After some reliable research, I selected Kone Sushi in the downtown area of Miami.
Overall, it might be a decent place for lunch or for takeout but not for formal dinner.
We had the crunchy monster, rock shrimp, spicy Edaname and a miso soup to start. Subsequently, we ordered the Unagi special along with the Sashimi platter. For the 1st time EVER, we were insulted by the waiter (Ivan) who bluntly told us: “Oh boy, you were hungry”. Later on, we tried to be politically correct by telling him that it not appropriate to make a such statement. As if he didn’t get it, he repeated the same stupid words again. He didn’t see anything abnormal with his statement. That waiter needs some serious training. This is the 1st time I write a bad review about a waiter because we were really offended.
With a poor ventilation system and unprofessional staff, I quickly realized why the restaurant was virtually empty on a Friday evening why the Italian restaurant just a few doors down was packed.
Would we go back? May be for a quick lunch but definitely not for dinner.

Carolina S, Owner at Kone Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Hi Garry, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience dinning with us. We take Trip Advisor reviews very seriously. This is an important searching toll for people looking for having a good experience dining out.
We care a lot regarding the food quality and the service, which is one reason we received "The best sushi" award for two consecutive years and we are the oficial sushi provider of American Airlines Arena and Heat VIP.
I personally read all the reviews and spoke with Ivan, wich is a trainne server, but could never treat a costumer as you mentioned he did.
I'm really sorry for him and his bad manners and for not making your experience with us great as expected.
Please accept my appologies and invitation to come back as my guest to try to make up on this issue.
Let me know whenever you want to come and I'll make a reservation for you.
Thanks for your feedback.
It's always good to hear good and bad things regarding my business to improve our service.
I hope you can give us another try.
Best,
Carol M.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Staff was friendly and attentive. Four of us for dinner on a Saturday night. We tried several of their specialty kones and several sushi rolls. Very good and reasonably priced.