“The Fritas are MAGICAL”

Ranked #12 of 4,803 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: An Icon of Miami simple food, the Cuban Frita is the Cuban interpretation of a hamburger. Casual Family friendly environment that wants to make you part of our family. Welcome Home !
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Looked into places to eat while in Miami during my recent USA trip. This place popped up as a good budget place to go, and as I had never tried Cuban food before, I convinced my cousin to go.

The place is the typical side of the road bar, but when you get in the warmth of the staff is the first thing you notice. Amazing guest service. We quickly got a table (during peak hour nonetheless) and that itself was amazing considering the place has more or less 6 tables.

We ordered a couple of fritas (the star dish of course) with some fries on the side. I still got to get around my head why didn't I taste Cuban food before. If that's how good it can be, PLEASE give me more. Amazing fritas, fries were on point also.

All in all, a great place to go on a budget (food + drinks + tip I think was $20 for both of us). It can be better location-wise but nonetheless I recommend going there.

1  Thank Daniel S

Reviewed 1 April 2018

You have to go here if you come from or go to the airport. Just locals and some tourist who search for great places. Yes, Obama was here and afterward, we all know why. Sandwich and Fritas are great, amazing meat quality and the homemade bread is marvelous. Do not forget to taste all the homemade sauces. Service is so friendly - my total admiration for your behavior.

3  Thank 8Pit
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Unassuming, cozy, warm and welcoming authentic Cuban eatery. Their menu is focused with a variety of what they feature. We tried the traditional fritas, bacalao con boniato and coffee. The fritas is simple, which makes it amazing. The only comment is if you are hungry, you'll want to have the double (or triple) or adding a fried egg. They have specials daily and the cod was delicious! There is nothing that was not totally delicious. The pricing is also really reasonable for a meal/snack. Staff are friendly and happy to tell you about their cuisine. Well worth checking it out for an informal meal.

1  Thank Deborah K
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Had to try this locally known as the best fritas in Miami.

It was a classic lunch spot with mostly counter seats and a few tables. The staff of course all spoke Spanish but I was lucky enough to get a waitress that spoke enough English to help me order.

I took all of her suggestions

Chick noodle soup
Fritas
And dessert

The Frita was served the traditional way with beef and egg and of course the thin straw potatoes on top. I was surprised that even with the bun it was actually pretty light.

The soup had a unique taste and was very good.

The dessert I tried Bc I was still hungry and
Again a different taste than what I was expecting but very good.

Total bill very reasonable ~ $15

On top of the local ambience there is a pic
of Obama on the wall apparently he made a surprise visit in 2010.

1  Thank Markie1929
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

This place is just great: great food and service. Looks like a diner but the food is 1st class. And it’s not expensive. I highly recommended!

Been to El Mago de las Fritas? Share your experiences!