Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$90
CrownePlaza.com
Book now, pay at stay
US$128
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall(Miami)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$136
US$110
Hotels.com
Hilton Miami Downtown(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$122
  • Restaurant
The Mutiny Hotel(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$143
Official Website
  • Restaurant
PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$137
US$339
Mandarin Oriental
  • Restaurant
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
1,813 results
All reviewscoconut grovepollo tropicalcoral gablesmetrorail stationfree breakfastclean roomsyogurtshort drivekey biscaynesouth beachwithin walking distancelittle havanaconvenient locationfront desk staffnice staybusiness centercruise port
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We recently stayed Fri-Sun while in Coconut Grove on business. The Hampton brand, while more expensive, has always provided clean rooms and a clean, well-maintained hotel. This location was no different in that respect. The room was well appointed and clean as was the bathroom, which is our two most important criteria.

On Friday night, the people in the room next to us had visitors and small children, both of which were VERY noisy at 11 pm. So much so, it woke us up. We called Security but they quieted down a few minutes later. We were woken again at 04:00 am because someone down the hall was having an argument - back on the phone to Security. Not sure if things quieted down because of security or not. The next morning at 7:30, out next door neighbors were at it again. This time the dad was verbally abusing his child by yelling very loudly - we were on the phone with security again. I realize that these situations were not the fault of the hotel but it added to a poor experience. Fortunately, Saturday night was very quiet.

The wireless performance was horrible. I'm an HHonors Gold so I get complimentary access to the standard wireless. Of all the Hilton properties I've stayed at, this was the worst from both performance and difficulty logging in.

As we were preparing to go to work on Saturday, I needed to get ice. There's nothing in the room to tell me where it was located so I decided to walk down the hall to see if it was on our floor. A lady from housekeeping was in the hall at her cart while cleaning a room so I asked her. She didn't speak English. I found it myself. Late Saturday afternoon, we had been back in our room only a few minutes when there was a knock on the door. A lady with a clipboard and walkie-talkie was at the door and began speaking to me in Spanish. My guess is that she was a cleaning supervisor checking to see if the room was clean. I told her I speak English in the United States and would appreciate her doing the same thing. I'm really not sure if she understood me so I simply closed my door.

Other than the Front Desk person that checked us in, none of the other workers I interacted with could speak English. At breakfast, the plaque identifying the type of omelet was written so poorly, I asked the attendant what it was. She didn't speak English. That's ok - it didn't look very appetizing anyway.

I'm not going to go on a political rant here but if you're going to work in this country, please have enough respect for it and its citizens to speak the language. From a customer service perspective alone, I would expect the staff at a hotel located in the U.S. to speak English. I found it irritating that these people would simply assume I speak Spanish, or any other language for that matter when the primary language in the United States is English.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
MiguelV2800, General Manager at Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear reiddg,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
We truly appreciate that you found our rooms to be clean and well maintained, and truly apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered.
We are in the process of upgrading our WIFI network and service, which will allow our guest to truly experience a hassle free connection. We have currently in place security rounds through out the night to make sure noise level in rooms is low, but occasionally if our guests do not call us we may not find out, so thank you for calling us and understanding that such situations are unpreventable.

We have responded to your comment regarding the lack of English speaking skills and our hiring practices in a private Email message.

We are one of the top customer service rated hotels in Miami, and a recipient of TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence Award for the past seven years and we truly hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Hampton by Hilton Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

This property is located in an area with a couple of nice restaurants I like. This establishment has the nice features of many Hilton properties like digital key and automatic check out. It’s also conveniently located fairly close to business areas of Miami like Medley, Doran and Hialeah. Breakfast is included too.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
MiguelV2800, General Manager at Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thanks Johnpberg for mentioning all these great things about us. All of our rates include a Buffet Breakfast & in room WIFI. Digital key saves our busy business travelers so much time by being able to use your cell phone as a key also being able to pick your room 24 hours before arriving to the property. We are located in a very unique spot because we are just a 12-20 drive to almost anywhere in Miami Like south beach and Doral. Hope to see you next time your travels bring you to the Miami area. Once again thank you!

Many Thanks,

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Sad and confusing start to an otherwise O.K. stay.

Checked in online 24 hrs ahead but still waiting on digital key when I arrived. No supervisor reviewed room apparently so key not released. It never worked anyway and I finally gave up and used plastic the whole stay; made to feel I was an irritation to the reception as opposed to a guest by then.

Not the usual greeting. Actually also waited at reception while member of housekeeping with questions was dealt with first.
O.K. so this isn’t the Waldorf or even a Hilton.
Then I asked about secure parking for ‘diamond’ in underground car lot. There isn’t any. Was told I was ‘gold’ in the system anyway. Showed the app with diamond status I’ve had for long time. No acknowledgment or apology - just a ‘you’ll need to call them.’ Polite but icy cold. (Middle aged, short with glasses.) (No I won’t honey. I won’t be coming back to this hotel again!) In the whole scheme of things not a big deal but the attitude left a bad taste and not a welcoming feeling at all. By the way, status was correct on the bill you sent me!

FYI - there is an electronic gate that closes on the outdoor car lot at the back overnight.

Coffe and hot water urns empty next to reception early evening. Empty cookie container sitting on reception desk. Garbage overflowing. It just gave a sense of the level of organization and standards at this particular hotel. Or lack thereof. They seem to be playing damage control instead of having systems in place to avoid issues.

Back to Hampton Inn Brickell again next visit. Worlds apart.

Room modern and clean. Some staff amiable and polite, some just plain rude. Just as well name tags missing. Room not made up until after 5:00 p.m.
We knew it was time to check out when the one toilet roll ran out and there was no spare!

Standard Hampton Inn breakfast. Pleasant staff here, constantly replenishing and cleaning. Thanks ladies.

Bottom line - paid for a decent room at a reasonable price but this place did not impress. Not expecting to be pampered at a Hampton Inn but there’s a lot here that just doesn’t make the grade particularly at the front desk.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Miri L, on behalf of management at Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear TourMD

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. The problems you mentioned with our front desk staff and housekeeping have been addressed. We appreciate you bringing this to us and we hope you will give our property a second chance if you return to the area. We would really love to have you back so we can show you what our Hamptonality is all about.

Miri L.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. It has easy self parking. Easy drive to the Cocowalk where there is nice restaurants. The hotel is clean and the rooms are nice. Service here is always great. I recommend staying here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Our location is prime for visiting all the great resturants and cafes in Coconut Grove and Coral Gables. The helpfulness of our staff and cleanliness of our rooms has kept us in business for over 20 years! We are happy to know you experienced this first hand. Hope We have a chance to welcome you back again soon.

Until We Meet Again,

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Our 2nd stay at the Hampton Inn at Coconut Grove. We came back from a year ago because it was a nice, safe, clean place for my family to stay, but more so, we came back because if the way we were treated by the desk staff. We were saddened to find Willy moved on but happy to see Joel and Fatima still here. Joel is a true professional and ever so nice and helpful. Fatima is an amazing young lady with such a warm, pleasant attitude about her she makes you feel welcome, appreciated, and generally good inside. Joel and Fatima make you feel better than family. Hotels are all over the place, but how you are treated is much more important to us. Thank you so much for both Joel and Fatima. We will come back because of them. As for the hotel itself, elevator did not work, carpets are in desperate need of shampooing and I do mean desperate. My daughter walked barefoot in the room and her feet were black.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank johnathons692
MiguelV2800, General Manager at Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Hello Johnathons692,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We truly appreciate your business. I have addressed the carpet issue with the housekeeping department to ensure the carpets are shampooed. Making our guest feel like family is a huge part of what we do here in Coconut Grove. I apologize for the inconvience with elevator and I am happy to hear our staff made you feel welcome. looking forward to welcoming back sometime soon