“Not what I expected but the location may be enough to get me back.”

Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
Ranked #24 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 19 November 2012

A friend and I stayed here for a girls weekend. I booked on hotels.com and paid extra for a Bayfront room. I requested two queens if possible but did not get my wish. Our room was very small and as my pictures show, not well appointed. There were missing lightbulbs, missing coffee, and some crud smeared on the side of the minibar. Our balcony was so small no chairs could fit out there. That said the view was wonderful, cocktails and ceviche at the restaurant were wonderful and the local area for dining and shopping were a real treat.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank smhs11609
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear smhs11609,
Please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel that your room was not what you expected on your arrival. We have several different room types and views available in our inventory and we recommend that you check on our website for descriptions and photos when booking online. Our rooms with two queen beds are only available in a City view category and must be reserved specifically. I am pleased that you enjoyed our restaurant and its great views as well as Coconut Grove. Thank you for staying with us and we hope we will have another opportunity in the future to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

I stayed with my husband for two nights in October. The hotel, the service and the location are splendid.
However, on the first day, the valet parking crashed one of our rented car door and as there was no proof or film that evidenced their responsibility, the hotel did not give us an answer because the parking service is not under the hotel scope. They just discounted the parking fare from our account and promised to follow up our claim and send us an email with a formal response so that we may submit it before the rental company.
A long month passed yet the email never showed up.
The parking is one of the services that hotel offers. Even though the service is rendered by an external supplier, we think that the hotel has to be responsible for this type of incidents.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MarianaPuerta
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Dear MarianaPuerta,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Although our valet parking service is handled by another company we like to follow up with all guests regarding any issues at the hotel. Please contact me directly and I will be happy to speak with you regarding this matter.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

I stayed at the Sonesta for 2 nights a couple weeks ago and it was beautiful. Before booking I was looking at different areas in Miami and am glad we found this gem in Coconut Grove. We stayed here for work and it was wonderful to be at walking distance to Cocowalk (shops & restaurants).

The staff is here is wonderful and friendly - and extremely helpful. Check in was a breeze and the front desk attendant (Adrian) was so welcoming. I was upgraded from a Superior Bay View Room to a Deluxe Bay View room. I believe the only difference was it was a bit larger and it had a balcony. The rooms are a bit small, but for a 2 night business trip it was okay. The beds were very comfortable and had large feather down pillows (heavenly!).

The only complaint I have is that we brought some beers to drink by the pool at night after work (we do this a lot on business trips) and we were told we couldn't drink our drinks by the pool unless we purchased them from the bar. I've never experienced this from any hotel and I travel frequently. That was a bit of a let down as the rooms weren't big enough to entertain.

Asides from that, great hotel, great views, and wonderful service!

Room Tip: make sure to get a bay view - the view is worth it!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank t-wiu

Dear t-wiu,
We appreciate your comments about your recent visit to our hotel and are pleased you had a great stay. I am very pleased that our staff made you feel welcomed and right at home. As you are familiar with layout of our pool deck, some seating is part of the restaurant and if liquor is served in those areas, it must be purchased from bar. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Miami.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Very nice hotel, centrally located with walking distance to restaurants, shopping. The view was beautiful staff very accommodating. Perfect size hotel, not too big, but big enough to have everything we needed. Only have two recommendations, a mirror somewhere in the room, other than the bath, so if bath is in use, you can still put on make-up, get dressed, etc. It is the first thing i look for when I walk in a hotel room, but that is my only complaint, and a hook to hang towels in the bathroom!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank magsmom

Dear magsmom,
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your time spent in Coconut Grove. We appreciate your recommendations for the extra mirror and hook in the room to make it more like home. We hope you will be back again soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

We have stayed several times at Sonesta Hotels with very good service. This was our first and last time at Sonesta Bayfront Coconut Grove. We arrived at 3am and left the Hotel at 10am. When we came back at 8pm the room was not done . They just said that they did not make the room on the same day of arrival!!!They did not even apologize or changed the towels!!! Even our dirty breakfast tray was still in the room. The only answer was that we has arrived that day....
The people in the front desk were every rude, they would not even say hello when you came in the hotel. Will never return!!!!

Room Tip: I enclose the picture of our room at 8pm .
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marisol S

Dear MarisolS,
Thank you for your recent feedback about your experience at our hotel and please accept my apologies that your recent stay was not up to your expectations. We pride ourselves on exceeding our guest’s expectations but sometimes we miss the mark. As returning guests, this is not the service you have come to expect from us and we hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to provide you with the type of experience you have enjoyed in the past.