“How do you run out of food?”
Review of Blue Collar

Blue Collar
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Collar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 4,495 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I heard great things about this place, but today I pretty disturbed because it's Easter Sunday, came here for brunch and I haven't eaten yet and I'm so upset. The only reason I'm still sitting at the table is because my 5 year old has to eat.

So we make a 2:30pm reservation. We get there on time only to hear, well we are still experimenting with reservations. So we wait 40 min to sit down. They take another ten min to take an order. Then when we place the order, they have none of the items we ordered. Their out of pancakes and french toast which are the highlights of their brunch. So we order a pulled pork breakfast entree and after 10 minutes we are told they are out of that too.

So basically all they had was bacon and eggs and toast. Bacon and eggs come out. I asked for eggs to be over medium, but what we got was hard fried eggs. Toast comes out and it's a side of burger bun, not toasted.

I drove a long way to come here and one thing after the next really got me peeved. I couldn't even enjoy the bacon and eggs, because they messed up my eggs and I was hangry at this point.

I get the bill and the server asked how was the meal. I shared my disappointment. He goes back inside and comes out with proprietor and says he took the 2 lemonades and the beer off the bill now reduced to $62.00 Then he asked what did we want to eat? We told him brunch items on the menu such as pancakes, and french toast. He said we came at the tail end of brunch which ends at 4pm. Mind you I had a 2:30pm reservation and waited 40 min. So they ran out of these items.

I think I'm pretty understanding, but this is a restaurant. It's brunch. Pancakes and french toast....who runs out of that!

I'd like to suggest they not experiment with reservations until they can handle reservations and plan to not run out of food. I could have made my own bacon and eggs for my family and that. would have cost less than $15.00.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch on our first day in Miami. We had a breakfast burrito and the Caesar salad with chicken. Both meals were great and could not be faulted. The service was attentive and friendly. The portion size is very big, but I believe that to be normal for the US.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Most restaurants' side dishes are an afterthought. At Blue Collar, there are 20 different side dishes to choose from. We ate there twice while I was in Miami. On both occasions, I had the grilled mahi mahi, which was very good. The stars of the show, however, were the sides. We tried the caramelized Brussels sprouts (loved them!), grilled asparagus with blue cheese, sauteed mushrooms, roasted artichokes with lemon aioli (Don't miss them!), and roasted beets with goat cheese. Blue Collar has a regular menu plus three specials each day - some kind of ribs, a "Parmesan" entree, and a braised dish. We really enjoyed our meals there, especially the veggies. I was tempted to order the four-vegetable plate! The portions are decent-sized, so you don't leave hungry.The servers are friendly and informative. The ambiance is diner-style. I liked the old-fashioned lunch boxes mounted on the wall. We have to return, because there are so many things we still want to try!

1  Thank somedaysue
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We are from Kendallville, Indiana and are in Miami for a cruise. I looked up restaurants that where on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives , we chose Blue Collar.
We had the Saturday Brunch. My wife had the Mac & Cheese & I had the Veggie Scramble with asparagus. WOW, both dishes were GREAT. Service was great.
If you’re in Miami you must stop by this great little diner.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

By homemade Food, I meant that it felt that Blue Collar used fresh ingredients and made the Food in-house. I did not get the feeling of any processed Food being used. The service was good as well and the clientelle gave a good atmosphere. People were out to eat good, healthy Food and have a few drinks as well. We were a table of eight and they managed to get Our order correct and With a smile. Our Family shared a lot of Food. We had a plate of the fresh vegetables, where you could choose from a variety which was listed on a Board. The vegetables were prepared in different, exciting ways. We also had a brisket, which was absolutely amazing. Meat fell off the bone. Probably the best I have tasted. only negative I have and which led to 4 instead of 5 starts was the Furniture was not comfortable. We were 4 on one side on a booth and it felt like it was loose and falling apart and it bumped around all the time which was annoying. The restaurant is well Worth a visit and is a little of the beaten path. I reccommend it. PS. one of Our kids have Celiacs, and they were able to cater to this successfully.

Been to Blue Collar? Share your experiences!