“Great way to see nature, learn about animals, enjoy the ride”

Everglades River of Grass Adventures -Tours
Ranked #1 of 252 Tours in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: The River of Grass Adventures is a private family run Everglades tour company. We offer several ways to explore this vast and magical ecosystem. Small custom airboats for big adventures that are appropriate for all ages, Swamp buggies for the more rugged outdoor adventurist and an air-conditioned high roof transit van great for half and full day unique sightseeing tours. Our team of seasoned gladesmen / naturalist will educate and thrill you as you explore deep into the heart of the Everglades, a true national treasure. Reservation are needed. Visit our website, give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to welcoming you to the beautiful Florida Everglades.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our family of four took the River of Grass Tour over Spring Break and it was the highlight of our trip to Miami. Kids (16, 18) and parents loved different aspects. Korey was the guide, and told us about how he built the airboat on his kitchen table (super geek engineer dad loved that one). We learned about the flora and fauna, saw a zillion alligators, talked about the philosophy and history of hunting alligators, saw the blue heron chicks in their nest, and really just enjoyed the movement of the boat on the river. It's easy and comfortable, and a great way to spend an afternoon. Highly recommended.

1  Thank RGVD
Write a ReviewReviews (1,432)
All reviews
in 18 reviews
"his life"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Awesome is all i can say.
Captain Kody (I think that is how you spell it) took us on an amazing 90 minute semi-private tour. I recommend the semi private 90 minute tour. There is no need to spend money on a private tour as the semi private only has 8 people anyway. (and there were 4 of us in our group anyway so we took most of the boat)

I even got to sit up at the controls with the captain.
Captain Kody was great, the boat was new and clean and he provided water and ear protection. As i said the boat is small so any seat is fine, unlike some other tours where the boats looked like buses. This allowed him to get very close to areas - saw lots of gators, several birds and unique plants and Cody knew everything. He encouraged questions (and even got back to the dock a little after the 90 minutes!) and was friendly and had a good personality. He helped us take pictures and gave us plenty of time at the dock for more.
This was not a hot-dog tour, meaning he didn't do wheelies or donuts or stuff like that. You could tell he respected the everglades and there were no gimmicks, just great learning experience.
Even the guy who met us at the gas station for check in was a nice guy - we were able to go a few minutes early because everyone was there. Yes, the meeting spot is a gas station (with plenty of clean bathrooms) which was a little bit odd for a northerner who has never really seen a business operate from a picnic table, but don't worry. The guide has us follow him about one-mile to the "dock", which is really just an empty beach area. The boats just really need a patch of open beach.
Anyway, this company deserves its #1 rating.
Three recommendations - put sunscreen on, bring a light jacket (when the boat is moving fast it can get cold, but when is slows and stops it can get hot) - hats should be secure, and keep your mouth shut when the boat is moving. By that i mean when the boat is moving fast, dragon flies can come at you - one hit me in the face. if my mouth was open (not sure why it would be but who knows), I might have eaten it. Just a warning!
BTW, the alligators don't jump in the boat and eat you - they were docile, so this ride is appropriate for any one who is interested - maybe 5 or 6 years old.

2  Thank Robert R
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We did the one hour with five of us. Ray was our captain. Great guy, lots of knowledge and he wants you to enjoy yourself. I'm a nature girl so this was a top notch experience. The ecosystem of the everglades is amazing and you only see a small fraction of what is going on, but gosh is it still amazing. We saw a ton of gators, and even lucked out to see one just catch a turtle and watched him eat it. VERY cool! The boat ride is great, the flora is amazing and the birds gorgeous. I would highly recommend this company, professional staff and a great experience! I agree with one other reviewer that if you have small kids that might be frightened by the gators or the boat ride, I would not recommend. Even though neither is scary at all, as someone with children, I can see where it may not be the best fit for small children that are normally fearful.

1  Thank jennifersalyers
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We took our 12 year old grandson on this trip. It was amazing. We took uber to the meeting point from Miami and were transported to the Everglades site in their pickup about one mile. We rode on the airboat with Ray who knew so much about the Everglades. He showed us so much and we saw many alligators, several very close up. We saw alligator babies, birds, a snapping turtle too. Ray even waded into the water to take our photo, which was above and beyond. We spotted a few alligators in the open area and Ray drove along side as we watched them swim. We were very impressed and highly recommend this tour. We definitely got our money's worth. Thank you Ray and River of Grass Adventures!!!