17 people are viewing this hotel
InterContinental
US$579
Free cancellation until 09/02/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$579
Free cancellation until 09/02/23
Vio.com
US$523
Hotels.comUS$579
Expedia.comUS$579
Agoda.comUS$609
7,676 results
All reviews toro toro the club lounge bayfront park bayside marketplace south beach beautiful hotel bay view mini bar biscayne bay valet parking pre cruise downtown area cruise terminal per day ole lobby starbucks
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 December 2022

Beautiful hotel. Except-- they don't tell you before you arrive or even at check-in that a primary feature, a canal facing pool, is under major and long term repair. Do they offer a voucher to a nearby Y? No. A visit to the spa as an alternative? No. But they do offer you lip service to make it better next time. No need. Travelers- beware.

Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Glenn Sampert , General Manager at InterContinental Miami, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2022

laurencebO5386PR,

Thanks for taking a moment to share your experience. We can ensure you the pool closure is very short term as we are elevating our guest experience with new pool cabanas and a redesigned pool bar. Indeed, we have multiple options for partner hotel pools to be used during the short closure, with transportation. We certainly hope you visit us again.

Reviewed 3 December 2022

I came here for a conference. I did have some hiccups at the hotel. But once I reached out to them downstairs they did take care of it. The views from my room were stunning. This hotel is an Icon in Miami. Overall its very nice and well kept considering this is an older property. The food at Toro Toro was excellent as was the service. The spa was also top-notch!

The hotel is great. But falls short in two areas and this is what ket me from giving them a 5-star rating.

- Valet Parking is the only option. Not only is it very expensive, but it sucks. The staff was terrible. They treat the cars really bad, they will make you wait forever for your car each time. They are disorganized and they have no systems in place. The parking here is a complete disaster.
- Staff member "Genesis" alleged she was a manager at the hotel. She was so rude, so arrogant, and absolutely awful. In all my years of travel, I have never come across a front desk agent as rude and arrogant as she was. She tried to cheat me out of a night, thankfully another manager made took care of it. I had paid for 4 nights, but due to a hurricane, the night before that came thru central Florida where I live. I called the hotel to tell them id just check in the next day after the storm. When i got there, my room was not ready. Even though I had paid since the night before. The hotel made me wait, and Genesis treated me like a dog.

I was going to give them 1 star, as based on my interaction with Genesis(who never apologized by the way. Even though she was wrong). But everyone else was great and hospitable so it would not be fair to do that. Regrettably, there is always a bad apple and in this case, it was Genesis. But other than dealing with her, I had a great stay here and they really do try to give great service. I gave the hotel a 4-star rating. Which is consistent with my experience. Regrettably, what was once the grande dame of Downtown Maimi is now just a shadow of her glorious past. Do not be fooled into thinking this is a 4.5 star hotel. It was, but not its just a very consistent 4 star.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

cubancruiseguy,

First, thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay and hope you had a successful conference. I appreciate your words recognizing our iconic status of downtown Miami hotels and your appreciation of our location, views of the bay and our additional amenities. Your words mean everything to us and will certainly address your review internally. Thank you again and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2022 via mobile

Fantastic hotel. Had an issue with our room safe but it was resolved within 2 hours. Hitomi at reception recommended we upgrade our room and we were not disappointed. The views were amazing of the bay. We spoke to her several times during our stay and she always remembered us. Upgrading to club level is recommended too. Fantastic aperitifs and happy hour between 5&7pm. Buffet Breakfast is included & only negative I can say about our whole stay, is it could have been hotter. Microwave would have been appreciated and made our stay 5 star. Fantastic staff & fantastic premises in a fantastic location.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Glenn Sampert , General Manager at InterContinental Miami, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2022

Lco63,

First, thank you for choosing InterContinental Miami as your hotel of choice in Miami. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to review your experience and thrilled you enjoyed your Club upgrade with elevated amenities. Most important, your service expectations were exceeded by our colleagues and you had a fantastic stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 November 2022 via mobile

I have been to several pet friendly hotels but this one really surpassed my expectations. I have a lab/pit mix which is pretty big. Not once did they even seem to care how big he was. They even allowed me to bring him to the hotel restaurant. Granted my dog is well behaved but still to allow him there was amazing. Also, there's a park right across the hotel where you can walk your pet and there's lots to do there. You have the Heat's arena nearby where you can watch NBA games or concerts, you have boat rides in the Bayside as well as shopping there. On the downside, I hate dealing with the traffic to get out of Downtown to go places, you're not close to the beach if that's what you want either but we planned it perfectly where we stayed there for a few days to do stuff in the area, then went to the Hard Rock Hotel/Casino in Ft Lauderdale which is also pet friendly btw to do stuff over on that side of town. I loved how elegant the hotel was but didn't like they only had valet parking and you couldn't park your own vehicle plus $50 per day to park your car there which was an inconvenience. At night that place looked gorgeous through the room but Downtown is not a place you want to walk around late at night in Miami. One other downer was the size of the room and the bed. For some reason the size of the bed which was supposed to be a Queen felt smaller so my wife and I had a hard time sleeping comfortably. Overall it was a great experience and would recommend this hotel ONLY if you are a pet owner.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Escape694841,

Thank you so very much for sharing your review of a recent stay with us. Indeed, we are a pet-friendly hotel (with a weekly Paws Patio Yappy Hour event) in hopes you are with us on a Wednesday! Otherwise, I am thrilled to know your service expectations were exceeded and you appreciated our location and your pup had a great stay! Lastly, if you are a free Rewards Member, book the Pets & Points package where you get $10 off pet fee + 2,000 bonus points!

Hope to have you with us again.

Reviewed 28 November 2022 via mobile

Yassine was an absolute gentleman. Service outstanding and this is my first night. I’m here for a week and can’t wait to enjoy the fantastic hospitality. Yassine is a rockstar. Thanks Intercontinental. The ambience meets the city. Welcome to Miami.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Glenn Sampert , General Manager at InterContinental Miami, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2022

Michael J,

First, thank you for taking a moment to share your kind words about our colleague. I am thrilled to learn to know your service expectations were exceeded and we are glad you are with us for the week. Indeed, Miami does start here at InterContinental Miami!