3 people are viewing this hotel
US$190
CurioUS$190
eDreamsUS$190
Trip.comUS$188
All reviews front desk amazing property great hotel corner room pool area great stay fitness center bay view south beach balcony valet concierge refrigerator cruise
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 October 2021

Very nice hotel but room was not up to Hilton standards. Was upgraded at check in for being a Diamond Member which we appreciated and the view was amazing. However the bathroom had bleach stains on the tile, the living area had paint throughout the area and the coffee stand was leaning and falling apart.
Breakfast was excellent, the eggwich is enormous.
All staff was friendly and accommodating at all times. I did let the front desk know of the room conditions and they did apologize and offered a token of apology.

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
General Manager, General Manager at The Gabriel Miami Downtown, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2021

Good Day,
We sincerely appreciate your patronage at The Gabriel Miami, Curio Collection by Hilton. It's wonderful to know that you appreciated the room upgrade, breakfast offerings, and friendly staff. We appreciate your insight regarding the concerns with your room and are glad to hear our staff worked to address them.
It would be a privilege to host you again if you return to the Miami area.

Reviewed 28 September 2021

The staff is clearly doing their best. Gaston at the front desk is so nice and tries to fix whatever he can.
But the hotel is half renovated, and half old. I got one of the old rooms. There was a horrible stained curtain dividing the bedroom from the bathroom (?). The carpet was SO stained. The room was defiantly not properly cleaned. The room service was SO slow. The windows do not close properly and it is on a very busy location so you can hear the cars coming and going all night long. The staff was so nice, they just could not fix these problems. This is NOT a luxury hotel. I changed my room one night because the sounds coming from the bathroom, like drops of water, were not letting me sleep. So i upgraded to a corner room. This room had a more normal bathroom and bedroom, with an actual wall dividing them. Still, the carpet was so stained, the overall feeling was disturbing. Beds were okey. And I appreciated the manager that changed the room for me at 3.30 am (when i could no longer stand the sounds coming from the bathroom).

First nigh I arrived i asked for the room service menu from my bedroom. They told me they’d bring it to me. They took so long i called again. They told me they had knocked but I didn’t answer so they left. (Because i was on the phone maybe didn’t hear it, not sure what happened) And didn’t even call, or leave it on the door or anything. I had to call again half an hour later and asked for it again. 15 minutes later they call me and tell me the kitchen was CLOSED. It was 7.45 pm. They didn’t offer any solutions. Gaston at the front desk gave me a 25$ voucher for the next day as an apology.
Next morning, I called to have breakfast in my room. It took more than an hour to get there. I had to leave by the time it arrived, so couldn’t have it. The waitress was so nice to me, she gave me the coffee and told me to at least take it to go, that they would not charge me anything. She was obviously working very hard. But the restaurant is obviously short of staff, and poorly handled, which has nothing to do with the waitress (or the cooks).
Overall, the room was, in all honesty, horrible. Not at all what you would expect from a Hilton.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
General Manager, General Manager at The Gabriel Miami Downtown, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. While we're thrilled to hear that Gaston was able to solve some of your issues as they happened, we apologize for not hitting the mark this time around. We'll be sure to pass along your comments to the appropriate team members and the housekeeping team so that we can look into these matters further. Wishing you safe future travels.

Reviewed 25 September 2021

Amazing stay. Rooms were beautiful. Diego is truly the best and helped us with all our needs. From late checkout, helping us with our bags, complimentary champagne at checkout, this hotel has it all..

Trip type: Travelled with friends
General Manager, General Manager at The Gabriel Miami Downtown, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2021

Good day Ida,
We're delighted that you experienced an amazing stay with us at The Gabriel Miami, Curio Collection by Hilton thanks to our beautiful rooms and impeccable service from Diego. We'll let the team know about your positive remarks and hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2021 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that this hotel has the nicest staff, But the star was the front desk. Every single one of them was sweet, friendly and knowledgeable. The standouts for me were Trisha, Victoria & Gastón. Housekeeping was efficient as well and every thing was super clean. Enjoyed my R&R for sure.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
General Manager, General Manager at The Gabriel Miami Downtown, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2021

Good Day Christopher,
What a truly wonderful review to receive! Our team strives to uphold high hospitality standards, and it is a pleasure to know that you appreciated their attention. We will happily pass your compliments along to our staff. Thank you, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 September 2021

Let me clear this up before I go on my rant. Victoria the front desk clerk is amazing. My rating has nothing to do with her. However this particular 5 star hotel shares amenities with million dollar apartments next door who has rich families living there who obviously is mort important than the individuals who has paid to stay at the hotel. Me and my significant other were the first ones in the pool at 10am Saturday morning then some families came down to the pool with children for swim lessons. Me and my significant other are hugged up and I guess they didn't like it so they called the owner of the apartments to come "CHECK US" he comes to us and say we are being to romantic in the pool. Mind you we are on vacation in MIAMI. No where does it say you can't go to the pool at a certain hour because kids have swim lessons. I told him I paid just like everyone else so I want to enjoy my weekend. The owner Mr. Swartz proceeds to tell me that those people pay a million dollars a year to stay there and they have the right to the pool. Talking about racial profiling and salary profiling. We are very much entitled to the pool just like them as we paid to stay at a 5 star hotel. The owner of the apartments followed me to the front desk and stayed there harassing me while I spoke with Victoria. DON'T stay here if you want to be romantic with your partner. Especially if you are African American. They are racist. I forgot to tell you microwave or wifi. I will stick to my 3 star and 4 star hotels.

Date of stay: September 2021
General Manager, General Manager at The Gabriel Miami Downtown, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2021

Good Day Erica,
We're very sorry to hear that you had these concerns. We never want our guests to have an experience like this. While we're very happy to hear that Victoria was able to exemplify our high hospitality standards, we'll be sure to pass your constructive comments on to the correct staff members. It's always our goal to make all guests feel welcome, no matter their race, gender, or sexual orientation. It's disheartening to learn that you did not feel entirely comfortable throughout your visit. Rest assured, we will make sure that we are doing everything we can to ensure any missteps are not repeated. Please consider joining us again in the future so that we can show you our true spirit of hospitality.