Enjoyed a 2 Nights Stay on a boy's Weekend with my Brother.
CONCLUSION: Flashy, Trendy & Entertaining crowd at the pool. Only weak point could be the location of the hotel opposite to the beach (20 Minutes walk) and by the canal. Pricey but worth it for 1 to 2 nights.
CHECKING: Quick, efficient - Slightly of a pretentious model at the desk at first sight when we checked early morning but still generously managed to get us a free room already at 9am !
ROOM: Trendy. I liked it, despite the totally useless kitchen & the non less useless black rococo black sideboard that could not accommodate much inside. The beds were very comfortable.
However, a big minus is that there is no balcony and neither a possibility to open the window to freshen up.
BAR: We were offered welcome drinks at the bar. Thankfully because, they were - like the food at the restaurant grossly overpriced, the lobby is very "plastic" but I liked it.
POOL: Great service (for profit:-), we were given two lying chairs by the pool and enjoyed a great time relaxing, getting tan & sipping a $20 or so Fuji Water bottle lol...
Hectic crowd of wanna be models & wanna be rappers along with wealthy 40+ something wanna be "in the right spot". One could write a book about it, I am sure! Good for a few hours, but so superficial....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach