“VACATIONING WITH BEDBUGS”

Atlantic Beach Hotel
Ranked #210 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This hotel is the dirtiest hotel I've ever been. They DON"T change the sheets in the rooms, clean the bathroom, or provide you with clean towels. What is worse, and I mean this literally, We were attacked by "BEDBUGS" ALL NIGHT LONG every night. . If you want to contaminate your house with "BEDBUGS" like we did, stay in this hotel. Otherwise, avoid this one like if your life depends on it. Good Luck !!!

Room Tip: My best tip to you is to saty away from this hotel. You will hate it !!!
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
11  Thank wald1228

Reviewed 11 June 2011

Looking for a luxury hotel and excellent service in Miami Beach? Atlantic Beach Hotel is not an option, but if you need a budget hotel near Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami Beach, you should stay at this hotel. The bus "C" takes it either stops across the street from the street 33 and 35 (the hotel is located in 34 of Collins Avenue), returning from hospital stays in the stop 33 or 35 of Indian Creek Ave which is the back of the hotel). The bus fare is $ 2.00 and $ 2.00 of return, but you can also take a taxi to approximate $ 7.00 each run.I stayed a week in room 412 located on the third floor. It is a spacious room with two large closets, air conditioning sounded like a motorcycle, the TV had no remote control, mattresses are U-shaped and back pain is guaranteed. The small refrigerator worked well, the bathroom was always clean and the towels too, but never swept the floor of the room. The phone never worked, nor to call reception and much less to call outside. No internet in the rooms, only in the lobby area. The hotel has no parking, but in front there is a metered parking (free from 6:00 pm to 8:00 am) and the hotel reception is open 24 hours. The access to the beach is just in front of the hotel between the convenient store and the public parking. The beach is excellent. Not the best hotel in Miami Beach, but it was not the worst, in case I don't have other option, of course I would return to staying in Atlantic Beach Hotel for $ 40.00 or $ 60.00 overnight in Miami don't think I could ask for more.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank DRA777
Reviewed 3 June 2011

This place should not be open for business. Granted you get what you pay for but I believe after staying there we paid too much. The first room we stayed in flooded and damaged our things which we were not reimbursed. The second room was FILTHY. Bugs all over the room, food left from other guests and the staff was NOT pleasant to say the least. I would have been more comfortable sleeping on the boadwalk. Then to top it off we were told that day we were required to give a deposit of $150 due to the Holiday the day we checked in which I found odd. I contacted thte BBB and would NEVER stay there if it was the last hotel available. You've been warned!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
8  Thank BOSTON1985_11
Reviewed 26 April 2011

I really dont get people. If you want luxury then you should be ready to spend more,
We were a group of 7 adults and we took two rooms. After reading all the reviews here we were prepared for the worst. We even carried our own linen and towels.
But when we got there..the place was very clean.
Yes it had a old looking refridgerator but then it worked. Who cares what it looks on the outside?
The toilets were very clean and so were the rooms.
It was perfect for a quick shower and to sleep.
I have to mention the location here. It was awesome!!!
Cabs were available right outside the door, every second. The beach in front was awesome and there was a grocery store acros the street.
Its a 10 dollar cab drive away from all the action.
And the staff were nice enough to let us hold on to our rooms till 3 PM(check out was 11 AM ) for just 20 bucks more.
Stop giving this place bad reviews because it aint that bad!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank sarahjean9
Reviewed 14 April 2011

Ah, this hotel I'll never forget. Pegasus properties I think it was managed by. My company apparently thought it was a nice deal; close to the job and close to the beach. Sweet, right? NOOOO! SOOOO CHEAP! Is the best reason I could fathom when I entered at 1am. Allow me to try "paint the picture". A full size fridge hastily cut into the wall next to the counter top which is leaning because the mini fridge is missing underneath. A toilet with one of those "just cleaned" paper protectors on it; with pubes under it. A hole in the floor so we could see what was going on in the basement. A bed shaped like a U that touched the floor when I sat on it. Mystery stains on EVERYTHING. Curtains, bed covers (even inside the burn holes), shades, doors, chairs, ceilings, walls, all stained. I pulled back the sheets and got blood, sweat and other mystery stains. My co-worker said I was being too critical. Its just a crummy hotel he says. So I wondered aloud what the pillow looked like. "Not too bad", he says. I tell him to pull back the case, and then he said OMG, WTF!. It was grey. With mystery stains too, but mostly really, really grey. Like the oldest, dirtiest pillow ever. A bum would turn it down. Bear Grylls wouldn't use it for kindling bad. Anyway, I went to all the other hotels nearby, all were booked. I slept on the far side of the bed, which really was firm compared to the side next to the night stand. In my clothes, on the edge, and away from the pillow, I tried to sleep while sweating my butt off (no AC) looking out the barred windows(which do open, but the bars don't). They have a fancy business card and the floor looks kinda shiny! Also the guy running the place will try to harass you and tell you you can't get out of that week your company booked for you, but you can. OH YES YOU CAN! Worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
3.4 km away
Chesterfield Hotel
Chesterfield Hotel
#72 of 214 in Miami Beach

Been to Atlantic Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!