“Horrible”

Atlantic Beach Hotel
Ranked #210 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I stayed here a year ago - don't even bother to waste your time! The elevator "worked" sometimes. The floor was covered with marble counter top. The beds - i'm sure the it was wood. The doors half locked. The buffet isn't a buffet at all. A small plastic table with two items. Keep looking because this isn't the place to be.

Room Tip: Don't book!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Burt A

Reviewed 27 October 2011

Arrived this morning to find a deserted building that looks like it used to be a hotel and it's completely shut up and abandoned. The number on my confirmation was disconnected.

A man appeared out the front who had a key to the building who I think we caught off guard. He tried to tell us the hotel had moved but couldn't tell me where or who to call and had absolutely no desire to help us.

MY CREDIT CARD WAS CHARGED FOR THIS ROOM MONTHS AGO. DO NOT BOOK. THIS IS A SCAM.

Luckily we found a great hotel nearby to make up for losing the $200 from this terrible terrible "hotel". What an experience.

• Stayed: October 2011
11  Thank Jendig
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This hotel is the dirtiest hotel I've ever been. They DON"T change the sheets in the rooms, clean the bathroom, or provide you with clean towels. What is worse, and I mean this literally, We were attacked by "BEDBUGS" ALL NIGHT LONG every night. . If you want to contaminate your house with "BEDBUGS" like we did, stay in this hotel. Otherwise, avoid this one like if your life depends on it. Good Luck !!!

Room Tip: My best tip to you is to saty away from this hotel. You will hate it !!!
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
11  Thank wald1228
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Looking for a luxury hotel and excellent service in Miami Beach? Atlantic Beach Hotel is not an option, but if you need a budget hotel near Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami Beach, you should stay at this hotel. The bus "C" takes it either stops across the street from the street 33 and 35 (the hotel is located in 34 of Collins Avenue), returning from hospital stays in the stop 33 or 35 of Indian Creek Ave which is the back of the hotel). The bus fare is $ 2.00 and $ 2.00 of return, but you can also take a taxi to approximate $ 7.00 each run.I stayed a week in room 412 located on the third floor. It is a spacious room with two large closets, air conditioning sounded like a motorcycle, the TV had no remote control, mattresses are U-shaped and back pain is guaranteed. The small refrigerator worked well, the bathroom was always clean and the towels too, but never swept the floor of the room. The phone never worked, nor to call reception and much less to call outside. No internet in the rooms, only in the lobby area. The hotel has no parking, but in front there is a metered parking (free from 6:00 pm to 8:00 am) and the hotel reception is open 24 hours. The access to the beach is just in front of the hotel between the convenient store and the public parking. The beach is excellent. Not the best hotel in Miami Beach, but it was not the worst, in case I don't have other option, of course I would return to staying in Atlantic Beach Hotel for $ 40.00 or $ 60.00 overnight in Miami don't think I could ask for more.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank DRA777
Reviewed 3 June 2011

This place should not be open for business. Granted you get what you pay for but I believe after staying there we paid too much. The first room we stayed in flooded and damaged our things which we were not reimbursed. The second room was FILTHY. Bugs all over the room, food left from other guests and the staff was NOT pleasant to say the least. I would have been more comfortable sleeping on the boadwalk. Then to top it off we were told that day we were required to give a deposit of $150 due to the Holiday the day we checked in which I found odd. I contacted thte BBB and would NEVER stay there if it was the last hotel available. You've been warned!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3.4 km away
Chesterfield Hotel
Chesterfield Hotel
#73 of 214 in Miami Beach

Been to Atlantic Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!