See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Rooms very cold, no heat and front desk person rude. Elevator out of service had to walk stairs.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2010

I could not sleep at all due to the noise being made by some people on the Hotel Property. You would think the staff would call the police but the noise went on from 1 a.m. to 4 a.m. At one point they set off an alarm on one of the cars parked right below my window. Also, the doors of the room do not shut slowly like most hotels, they slam shut waking you up each time someone enters a room in your hallway. The staff gave me the key to my room and when I went to the room and opened the door there were still guests in the room! Terribly run, terribly operated. I had my elderly parents and expected the elvator to work, but no one warned me ahead that the elevator was not working.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank HoustonRunner
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I can not even begin to say how bad the experinec was for staying at this nasty, nasty hotel. Had it not been Super Bowl 2010 weekend and something else were available we so would not have stayed. We even considered just staying up outside all night instead of returning to the room. Other guests we spoke to were on the same thoughts. One guest we spoke to had been out partying too much, he and his roo mate passed out and their room was broken into while they were passed out and all of their valuables were stolen.

The morning we left they said the only good thing about today was getting the hell out of the Atlantic Beach Hotel. None of us had slept due to the big fight in one of the room which went on for hours before the Miami police arrived. Once the police arrived it went on for another hour.

Had we had the opportunity to stay somewhere else on this Super Bowl weekend we would have went for it immediately. The lobby should have told us to get the hell out. The broken down elevator had us walking up three sets of stairs. the parking ticket we received because there is no free parking and we were 4 minutes late to add dollars at the parking kiosk. This place should be condemed. I have said enough. A picture say a thousand words. Here are some I took before running out of this dang place as early as we could that morning. This sure as hell is no place for kids!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DoodlesDeb
Reviewed 31 January 2010

I'm not a picky person, the hotel is very close to the beach, but its horrible, i prebooked online with orbitz.com, elevator broke, smelled bad, air conditioner not working, blood stains on walls, dirty room, my feet were black from walking in the room, paint chipping, windows stuck open, no tv channels, remote didnt work, beds are old, matresses well used!!! dirty pillows, stains on sheets, no internet, lock on door was broke, but had a really big closet!! had to stay there first night because it was late, alcohol did not help here!!! checked out next day and explained to an orbitz csr when i called them and was able to get a refund do to the severity of the FILTH!!!!

Date of stay: January 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2010

Please I beg you don't waste your time going on vacation if you plan to stay here. Its the worst hotel on the face of the earth. Its dirty, smelly, EXTREMELY SMALL, disgusting and plain nasty. The rooms are small, the air conditioner was broken. There's one outlet where you can either plug in the A/C or fridge. The TV is old and inside a cabinet that is dusty and run-down. There's a pole hanging fro the ceiling that can fall at any time. This place is a risk to your safety. The hotel staff is not helpful at all. RODRIGUEZ [--] is pure evil and his manager JESSICA is even worse. We asked to get a refund for our stay that we booked with Expedia and they refused to even speak to us and help us. All in all it was horrible and we were finally transferred to their sister property the Greenview Hotel which was decent. Also the location of the Atlantic is in the middle of a bad area, and is very far from South Beach. Do not go here if your life depended on it.

Date of stay: January 2010