“Mouthwatering seafood at it's freshest.”

Lobster Bar Sea Grille Miami Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Lobster Bar Sea Grille Miami Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 1,116 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Description: A glittering restaurant in the heart of South Beach, Lobster Bar Sea Grille showcases world-class seafood, prime steaks, and unparalleled service in a vibrant, up-scale setting.
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Took advantage of "Miami Spice" 3 course menu and i could not have asked for me. Great food variety!! Splendid quality and impeccable service.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Party of four. One bottle of wine. Three steaks, two add-on fried lobster tails, one lamb, three shared appetizers, two shared desserts, one espresso. $600, not including gratuity. Yeah. Pricey. That said, the food is good, well-presented and service is excellent. On a Friday night, we found the place remarkably empty. There were a few tables of patrons, but not what one would expect, and definitely not what can be seen at other establishments (even ones right across the street which boasts a full-house, over-flowing out the door). I'm local, I get it. South Beach overhead and what not. But does the caliber of food and service warrant the high price-tag? No. The meal was good (even though the meats around the table did not come as we had ordered them), the wine (and the mark-up on wine here is considerable) was questionably-stored given that the cork was dry as a bone and split into pieces when our server attempted to pull it (it did taste ok however, but that should not happen, period, particularly at the inflated prices being charged) and, despite the great service, it just does not justify the high cost. Will likely never go back.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I dined here last night, deciding Miami Spice would provide a great reason to give it an affordable try. Initially we were slightly annoyed that we had to wait 30 mins for them to honor our reservation, but the place was packed. The bar tender Weyne hooked it up with the best mojitos we've had, and we're regulars at Havana 1957 - sorry guys, you lost the top spot. Note, unlike many places in South Beach, tip is not included so be generous with the great staff. Once seated, our waiter Thomas was polite yet frank & informative - exactly how I like to be spoken to. He explained the restaurant's concept, made general recommendations, and then guided us toward specifics after hearing our preferences. We really sensed how much Thomas enjoys his job & his pride in his work really made us feel welcomed and appreciated for coming in. We started with the lobster bisque, unique but not anything thrilling, & the crab cake - wow!! I'm from D.C. and hardly ever enjoy blue crab meat in SFL as most venue don't know what "lump meat" really means or they ruin it will weird mixed fillers. I was in awe at how perfectly prepared, tender, and huge the lump crab portions were. It is on par if not better than any DMV area crab cake I've ever had. I had the surf n turf & my boyfriend the tenderloin - my lobster was out of this world and paired with the most surprisingly delicious odd sauce, a mustard honey dipping sauce that for some reason that makes no sense at all went so perfectly well complimenting the natural taste of the lobster - I didn't even touch the side of butter that was provided. The tenderloin was juicy perfection and we were provided an amazing size of blue cheese sauce that was so savory and a perfect compliment to the meat flavor. We were barely able to make it through desert, but both the profiteroles ( first time hearing of these for both of us) & the tropical cremeux were tasty and unique. Cremeux leans heavy in the tangy side. Easily one of the best dinning experiences we've had in a very long time, in quality, taste, and professional prompt service. Highly recommended, we can't wait to return. Well worth the $200 we dropped.

1  Thank Stephen F
Reviewed 4 August 2017

My husband and I took advantage of the opening celebration menu and could not believe what an amazing deal it was. The BEST crab cakes and jumbo shrimp we have ever had! Our server Christina was wonderful and so professional. We even made a point to tell our concierge at the Faena hotel to make sure they send all guests here for the freshest seafood and best service in South Beach. We can't wait to return again and again.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Had high expectations based on reviews, ratings and the fact that it occupies the former China Grill site (my personal favorite).

The decor is fantastic. Obviously nothing was spared in recreating the Grand Central Station-inspired seafood restaurant.

Everything went downhill from there.

The per pound pricing on the menu is confusing and appears to be done to deceive patrons into spending more than they want. In fact, all the menu pricing is designed to make customers to spend more than they want...appetizers, sides, wine, drinks, etc. When the final bill comes, it is incredibly expensive for what you get.

The food was nothing special. Even on the menu, it did not inspire...and in reality it did not. For the price, it should have been exceptional...or at least above average.

Our server was friendly, but I sensed that even she felt that she had attached her fates to a losing proposition. This place won't be around for long.

Torrie M, Public Relations Manager at Lobster Bar Sea Grille Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Hello, and thank you for dining with us! We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. Please email your review to dish@buckheadrestaurants.com with contact information so our management may be in touch. Thank you!