“Paella worth driving for”

Fifi's Place Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fifi's Place Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #172 of 1,157 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$7 - US$39
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: North Shores
Cross street: Collins
Description: Fresh seafood Latin Fusion style in Miami Beach. I'm Nelson, a Cuban-American bred in New York and Miami, and I work the front of the house. My wife, Mayneth, from Venezuela, leads the cooking crew in our kitchen; she is better known as Fifi. Please be our guests for the freshest fish in Miami Beach. Dress casual and be prepared for a mouth watering treat.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went to this restaurant on the recommendation of the concierge at our hotel. We were looking for really great paella. Upon being seated we were greeted by our server Milton. He was pleasant and attentive. I had the paella and my wife had the chicken and rice. Both servings were huge and exceptional. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It's almost as if the management/staff has been reading reviews. I've dined here many times and wrote about the inconsistency of service. It seems to have gotten better or we got lucky and had a good server (for once). We had the local snapper, kid's menu fish, ceviche, and soft-shell crab, with sides of black beans and rice. Everything was delicious!

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I read mixed reviews but decided to give it a go.

Friendly staff and efficient.

I had crab claws to start with and they were superb. My wife had shrimp and it to was excellent.

For main we both chose Sea bass /lubina . We had a choice of fries salad or vegetable. We chose vegetables and they were sublime. Our Fish was cooked to perfection.

Portion size was very generous and was very tasty.

White table cloth service and overall I would say it was very good. 100 bucks a head its not cheap but certainly good.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We were a party of 10 on March 3rd. The place was full which was a good omen. The arrugula appetizer salad was good.
The grilled seafood parrillada for 2 was abundant but not fresh. everything was overcooked, some shrimp were charred, the squid hard and chewy, the small lobster tail was very overcooked. It tasted like it was frozen and not fresh as advertised, a hurried grill on oil..... They ran out of hog snapper of the day.

Service was not very good. they seemed overwhelmed with a full house. Lady server introduced herself and never appeared again, young man served us. Missing one cup of wine and they ran out of cups. Servers young and not really watching tables. They tried. Seems like no senior person in charge to provide guidance and a professional/personal touch to the visit.

The white wine was very good. the dessert (choc lava cake was acceptable) and pricing seems to be Collins Ave standard for this type of place.

Decor is impersonal.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

The dining area is quaint. The food was okay. I am not a fish/seafood person so had the chicken. The portion was a great size. The flavor good but texture felt rubbery. My friend did enjoy her seafood pasta dish.