1,562 results
All reviews ocean drive in south beach continental breakfast beach towels south end boutique hotel perfect location quiet area resort fee great boutique nikki beach small bathroom night life art deco few blocks an umbrella chairs and umbrellas
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Very good hotel with minors problems: a few hours without water, telephone didn’t work and unstable wifi.
But, when you have a team as good as Lord Balfour has, you don’t even have a headache because of these little bugs. I would like to particularly thank Eric for his kindness and patience (sometimes guests can be annoying...).
I would also want to mention the restaurant hostess Alena and the waiter Peter. They contribute too for a great vacation for us all. Thank you!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Adnan J, General Manager at Room Mate Lord Balfour, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear Syliva,

One one hand I am super happy to read that you were impressed y our biggest asset, our team!

On the other hand I apologize for some hiccups during your stay. Rest assured, it was all fixed!

Eric sends his regards as well.

Come back again!

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Be aware that the gym is right above the Suite 202 (or 222). The isolation on the gym floor / Suite ceiling is .... minimal. You will hear and feel it anytime a weight is landed down on the floor. You will hear the treadmill. Noisy. Such a strange hotel layout.

We stayed 8 nights.

Very poor room cleaning. Glass or cup stayed unwashed more than once. Coffee items not 100% replaced. Accumulated dust stayed on the night tables the whole stay.

Excellent staff at the reception and the restaurant.

Poor staff at the bar and poor bar, period.

Nice building. Nice area, close to the beach.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Stephane,

I want to thank you for the review and your comments.

I am sorry that you had truly far from perfect experience with us. I will ensure to address the issues with my team and I also wanted to ask you for another chance to make it up to you.

I would love to discuss this further with you.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I loved the decor and the cleanliness of my room at Room Mate Lord Balfour. The front desk staff were very amicable and even helped with our luggage during both check-in and check-out. The hotel was in a good location but please be aware that finding a parking spot is like finding a diamond in the rough! We decided to add the valet option ($35/day). We ate dinner at the hotel's restaurant one evening and it was okay, nothing to write home about. I forgot to mention earlier that the toilet in our room required servicing. However, it was not a deal breaker because as soon as I called the front desk they sent a staff member immediately....didn't have to wait 5 minutes! The hotel is very boutique chic! I personally love when a hotel goes the extra mile when incorporating design aesthetic. Gonna steal some ideas, haaa! The Room Mate is located along the far end of Ocean Ave so the upside is that you're away from the heavy traffic (both pedestrian and auto). The downside is you're away from the action, lol. But walking a few short blocks gets you close to it all. Overall I was very satisfied with my visit and I would book accommodations at Room Mate Lord Balfour again!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your review!
Design is an inseparable element in each Room Mate hotel and I am glad to read you took notice of it!

Thank you also for complimenting our team!

Hope to welcome you here with us again soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

An excellent stay on Soutch Beach . Far from the mess of Deco District. 5 minutes walk from tha wonderful beach just infront the hotel. The Team is polite and helpfull. Always a relaxing, boutique and nice stay. Daniele Moscetta may 2018

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Hi Daniele,

Thank you very much for your warm review! Yes we are in perfect location , close to craziness but also far from it at the same time.

I hope we will have you here with us soon again!

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I stayed five nights here, and enjoyed it a lot.

The only issue I had with the room was that it was above the restaurant area, and the music could be heard faintly within the room (it was turned off at about 12pm). I should state that this didn't bother me, and I didn't make the hotel staff aware of it, although it might bother some people.

Unlike some other reviewers, I was happy with the comfort level of the bed, and the room overall. It was cleaned daily, to a decent standard, and although the bathroom was small, it was entirely adequate.

The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful, and it's nice to see the same faces, with it being a relatively small hotel.

The really outstanding feature for me was the location, which was pretty close to perfection, being right across from the beach, on Ocean Drive. This is a quiet upmarket part of South Beach, and importantly, there is no near parking, which keeps a certain undesirable element to a minimum. You are more likely to get locals who have cycled here, than crowds of kids on their one annual excursion to the beach from St Jackshit, Tennessee.

The resort fee pays for a sun lounger and parasol in the part of the beach which is accessed from 4th Street, and this is very much worth having. To rent these would cost in excess of $20 per day, otherwise.

There are a lot of decent restaurants in the near vicinity, but as I mentioned previously, it's quite a quiet area, so if you've come for bars and clubs, you'll have a bit of a walk.

Overall, though, if you've just come to relax on the beach, I can't recommend this place highly enough.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for the top floor, if you're concerned about noise.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank ID576207

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us!

Needless to say, I am extremely happy to know that you had a comfortable stay. I also wanted to inform you that we recently opened our new tower, with Spa pool available to our guests.

So I hope to see you soon again!