“Above and beyond my expectations!”

The Savoy Hotel & Beach Club
Ranked #29 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed the The Savoy Hotel Feb 16th - 19th with a large group of friends. We had 2 very nice suites. Before I checked in I called the hotel to let them know that it was my birthday and I wanted everything to go smoothly during my stay. All I can say is that they did that and more. We arrived early and the rooms weren't ready yet so the front desk staff offered to keep all of our luggage (which was a lot!) until we could check in so that we could go eat and check out the beach. Once the rooms were ready, they brought all of our luggage up and then followed with a slice of birthday cake and a candle!!! The waiter even sang Happy Birthday along with my friends! From then on we were completely catered to. They knew every member of my group and every member of the staff acknowledged me as "birthday girl" during my stay. The attention to detail was amazing and made me feel special. You can tell that the hotel is a little old, but they keep things very clean. Housekeeping even lined up my shoes for me in the morning! Again, small details that made a difference. They have a great restaurant staff that treats every guest equally. A celebrity was on the beach along with my group and we were waited on just as quickly as they were! I didn't take many pics of the rooms because we were not in them often! However, they were clean and neat. Any minor wear and tear is not worth mentioning because the management, front desk staff, restaurant staff, and housekeeping went above and beyond to make my birthday special. Even after checkout, they found us an affordable and fast shuttle to get my large group back to the airport safely. In short, the hospitality and genuine interest shown by this hotel has won my heart and I will forever recommend The Savoy as one of the best hotels on South Beach!!

Natasha

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Tuxedoroad
TheSavoyHotelCares, Director of Sales at The Savoy Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Natasha,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We are so glad to hear that we were able to make your birthday a special one! The details in the service that you mention are exactly what we want to achieve every day to make each one our guests feel as if they were the only ones. And yes, we did have a celebrity at The Savoy!
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and we hope you make The Savoy the place to celebrate your Birthday every year.

Best,

Sandra Casareale

Write a ReviewReviews (1,952)

Reviewed 22 February 2012

This is perfectly situated on South Beach - easy walk to the beach where Tony makes sure your umbrella and chairs are exactly where you need them to be and Rocky makes sure you keep hydrated. They were fantastic!

You can walk to everything (we never got out car from the valet the entire time we were there). The best clubs and restaurants are right out the front door.

Everything was clean and well taken care of. My ONLY issue is that, even though we have a suite with a full kitchen - we only had 2 plates - no utensils, glasses, cookware, etc. It would be have convenient to have more cookware to utilize the kitchen. Also - there isn't an ice maker so we had to buy ice at Walgreens.

Considering everything else, this was a SMALL thing and didn't hinder our spectacular vacation one bit!

1  Thank Cincydebi
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This place is right on the beach and in one of those art deco buildings. It's been updated and is nice and modern and comfortable and clean. We had one of the "no-view" one-bedroom suites and it was very comfortable. Staff is friendly. Internet works well and is included in the room charge. Access to the beach and beach chairs are also included in the room rate. The beach is right out the back door. Very convenient. It is on Ocean Drive in the art deco area of South Beach. Great location and very comfortable.

1  Thank SallyEdwards
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Our stay at the Savoy Hotel was simply delightful. The rooms are spacious, bright, exceptionally clean, and attractive, painted in lovely soft shades of green and blue. The location is ideal. There is a wonderful sense of privacy while the hotel is actually in walking distance to great restaurants and other local attractions. The courtyard offers two pools, lovely palm trees, sun or shade, and ample lounges and umbrellas. Truly unique is the path that leads directly from the courtyard to the beach. The hotel also provides beach chairs and umbrellas for use by the hotel's guests. What is most wonderful about the hotel, however, is the staff. Each and every staff member whom we encountered was friendly and amazingly accommodating. Carlos, Rocky, Richard, Immer, and Mary simply could not do enough to make our stay pleasant and memorable. We look forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
6  Thank dgs25
Reviewed 20 February 2012

If you want Ritz Carlton service and location at a classic that's on it's way back-stay here!!!

GREAT staff and service from top to bottom ( waitstaff on the beach and even the housekeeper offered a fabulous rec. for where locals eat in Little Havana!)

Would have expected to pay twice as much for the level of care and attention we recieved. Amazingly, the food service was VERY good and AFFORDABLE too. Highly professional waitstaff that cared and were happy to see you too!!!

Clean, quiet, freshly repainted, on the beach, fabulous pool and deck areas with great landscaping, along with orchids in all the public spaces- we're coming back!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012