“Amazing steak!! ”

Price range: US$18 - US$40
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center
Description: Welcome to 920 Grill Steakhouse! We specialize in delicious and reasonably priced cuisine, including our house specialties and other customer favorites. Our cuisine entrees are served in a relaxed and welcoming setting that you and your friends and family are sure to enjoy. Whether you are in the mood to indulge in something new or just want to enjoy some old favorites, we promise that our inventive menu and attentive service will leave you truly satisfied. No matter what your occasion calls for or your appetite demands, the friendly staff at 920 Grill Steakhouse promises to make your next dining experience a pleasant one.
Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

Lovely setting sat by the heater and great atmosphere. We ordered two appetisers which were ok. The steak was absolutely amazing!! So juicy and cooked to perfection, the salad was bland and had a weird taste, the asparagus tasted burnt. Desserts average. On paying the bill of $194 we thought it was over priced for what we had, the waiter brought the receipt back without $6 change. He said they hadn't got the $6 which was odd? So we said we have just paid 18% service charge and want the $6, he said we would have to wait... So we did. It wasn't the amount that we were annoyed about it was the concept and the cheekiness of wanting to keep the $6 after already being tipped...

2  Thank Lorna180

Reviewed 21 March 2016

This restaurant had a great atmosphere going with nice outdoor dining at Lincoln Road Mall. The food was delicious, but beware of some of the wait staff. Our server (Roberto M) could tell that we were not from the area, so he knew he could take advantage of us. My friend tried to order a $22 seafood pasta meal, but the server began to describe something else, making a recommendation. His accent was hard for us to understand, but my friend assumed that the other meal would be comparable and decided to order the recommendation instead. The waiter did not mention anything about the price of the recommended meal. When the food came out, my friend received a lobster tail accompanying a seafood spaghetti, and when the bill came out, the price was $63! The best part was that the restaurant was kind enough to automatically add 18% gratuity to the bill, so we didn't have the option not to tip the thief that served us, and he walked away with a nice payday.

1  Thank Doug B
Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

The food was not great, very bland. Service was also not very good. We didn't even order drinks and the bill still came out to 117.56. For three people. The waiter Didn't seem to know the menu and make sure you ask about the special,it's one of the three they have going if your lucky.

Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

The food was just okay but not good. We had Sonia. Extremely nice and GREAT at her craft. I have been in sales before, she is the most skilled waitress I have ever seen. That being said, in my opinion, she borders on the unethical. I think the restaurant is likely fully complicit in the intentional strategies to hoodwink local tourists. Sonia's English is fairly broken, which in my opinion, I think she likely used to her advantage. In encouraging a second round of drinks, from the buy 1 get 1 happy hour we were technically present during, she very intentionally, when suggesting we get something to go with our meal, seemed to mention the word FREE more than the 'buy 1' part of that. Wanting to avoid a direct confrontation and still being in the good spirit of the evening, I deferred to my wife if she wanted something else but turned down something for myself.

After she walked away, my wife asked me 'why didn't you get another one, they were free?' I explained that this is what she was implying but that the second round was only free if we bought one more; not at all clearly what she communicated.

There is certainly good opportunity for up selling, again, I was impressed with her abilities. But then you move to the point to where you are misleading people completely and it becomes unethical. This really hit home when we told her we did not want any dessert or coffee.

She had been extremely attentive up until that point. After that, we didn't see her for ten minutes. When she finally came back and we asked for the check, we waited another ten minutes before we saw her again. Guess why she wasn't attentive? Pre-added mandatory 18% gratuity ALREADY added. For.....two people. With an additional 'extra tip' like added there. Leading intoxicated tourists to likely write a second tip.

The largest and most gregarious infraction was still yet to come. The special that we had ordered, a seafood platter, was $119.

The seafood dish for two was $119.

Why am I upset? Because their was a comparable meat/steak based platter for two that was approx $55. For the seafood, if it would have come back at $20-30 more, I would have said 'well it's seafood, what would we expect, it's a special item when they didn't say the price, would make sense it is more than average'. But it was double the next expensive item on the menu outside of buying a bottle of wine. This was clearly significantly out of the price range of any options on their menu.

Bait and switch price gouging would be a fairly accurate description here.

I politely and courteously brought this specific issue up to her that she should have told us the price, it is over double the next most expensive option on the menu. Unhelpful excuses ensued. She knew exactly what she is did to us, and likely does multiple times a night to multiple clientele.

So yes. Could we have asked for the price? Yes.

Could we have pressed the issue, escalated with management, caused a fit, yelled at them until they provided a discount? Yes.

Did we? No.

We shouldn't have to.

Shouldn't have to feel like we need to look into every suggestion and fear there is an ulterior motive.

Shouldn't have to sacrifice helpful service for shameless and skillful up selling with the ulterior motive of boosting a FORCED gratuity.

She knows she has a forced gratuity of 18%, it didn't matter if we were upset at the end. We would still pay. And we did. $234.82. Our only recourse was uncomfortable and unpleasant escalation or outright refusing to pay the bill.

I am not upset because of the money. I am upset because I feel like I have been stolen from. I feel dirty and taken advantage off. Shamed almost.

Business like this in highly tourist focused areas are incentivized to maximize agency profits by optimizing for these types of situations because repeat business is non existent from the local population. So if we have a poor experience, well we are from out of town so what does it matter?

Hopefully you can learn from my experience and be warned.

Please mark this review as helpful so more people see it so if you still decide to patron this business, you do so informed from the onset.

5  Thank Justin W
Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

I ordered a $57 ribeye after being promised 20% off main - I was denied the promo because the steak was a special. There was no qualifier on the 20% off - just says main course. Steak was just ok. Salad was weak. Skip this place.

2  Thank Michael K