“Not for more than 2 people”
Review of Boulan South Beach

Boulan South Beach
Ranked #128 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I spent hours searching for a nice spot for 5 friends to spend 3 days together. The lobby is beautiful and the staff appeared to be helpful. The room is lovely but not as nice as the pictures on the website. The problem was that the queen pull out was the worst bed that I have ever felt. The mattress was so thin and uneven even though it was pretty new. It was embarrassment that I had booked the place. The "single" bed was a blow up mattress thrown on the floor. My friends slept on the sofa cushions on the floor. I asked management to do something and they assured me that they would but when we returned that night, nothing had been done. In addition, there were never any towels by the pool. The pool, however, was stunning. There also was a large patio off of the room but no furniture.

Room Tip: Great for a couple only.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank davela2
JimmyMouawadGM, General Manager at Boulan South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2015

Thank you for your visit and for sharing your feedback!

I apologize for the challenges you were faced with while staying with us. I am pleased to say that we have changed management since you last stayed at Boulan, and now offer several amenities that were unavailable during your last visit.

We hope you will come back and stay with us again, and give us a chance to take your experience to the next level!

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Don't book here if you expect a normal hotel experience. They are barely a hotel -- very little service if any. But you do get a really nice big condo with full kitchen, living room, huge bathrooms, really nice new spaces, for a good price right in a nice area of South Beach. It's a nice deal if you don't need all the services of a hotel like bell hop/porter, concierge, taxi service, etc. I think this is why there are such high and low reviews. The rooftop pool area is lovely and was empty when I was there (though it was low season). My room was REALLY nice. But I could tell that the place was still preparing for game day, so to speak. They were still installing the phones in September 2012. Still, I'd stay here again with friends to take advantage of the huge rooms and nice roof. It's worth it if you get a good price and don't expect the service of a nice hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your visit and for sharing your feedback!

We are happy to read that our rooms and product met your expectations! I am pleased to say that we have changed management since you last stayed at Boulan, and now offer several amenities that were unavailable during your last visit.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

After a debacle of staying at The Perry hotel we lucked out to come across this place. The residences were extremely spacious and had every bit of ammenities you could ask for. The pool is relaxing with its cabanas and lounges never overloaded with people. Just what we needed after a few too many big nights out in Miami. I would highly recommend this place. The staff we very friendly, helpful and personable. We will stay again.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank David C

Reviewed 1 September 2012

I had a wonderful stay at the Boulan, I hate when customers use this site, the fact that some people will make up stuff just to get free stuff is beyond me. I had nothing but great things to say about this property. The Manager was super helpful and provided us with everything we needed. The Cleaning staff was nothing more than excellent, the apartment is superb, the rooftop pool was amazing, i wish the phone will be better and the TV channels as well but hey i did not come to the beach to watch tv or talk on the phone. I want to thank everyone at Boulan for their kind and warm reception.

Cant wait to come back to this Amazing hotel and THanks Clauido for your help you are the best.

Room Tip: get a unit with a balcony nicer layout
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mark A

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Avoid this place if possible.

I arrived in the Boulan Hotel (MIAMI SOUTH BEACH) just after 10 pm and was informed that there was no porter to help me with 5 bags to room. I had to take these myself. I was informed later that belle services were not 24 hours.

The room sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable with a very cheap thin mattress that I could not sleep on properly as one could easily feel the strings through the mattress. I complained and was told that there was no alternative. The King bed could not fit myself , my wife and 2 young children comfortably.

The air conditioning was also not working in the room and we were therefore moved to another room that night.

The following day I complained to the manager who was very unhelpful initially stating that if i had complaints about lack of porter and mattress that i should contact expedia and ask them to find me another hotel.

I felt this was unhelpful and after some more discussion he mentioned that he would try and find me another mattress which he did. This was slightly more comfortable but once again too short for me.

I also complained that the phone in our room was not connected and he stated that because these were condos owned by individuals but rented out that certain guests had not paid there phone bills and therefore the owners of individual condos had decided to have phone disconnected. This was very unhelpful as every time we had a query we would have to leave our room and go down to the front desk. The hotel website also stated that the phone in each room would allow guests to make free local calls. As we had no phone we could not utilise this service.

Also the expedia website states that there is a private beach for hotel but the hotel front staff denied this stating it was a mistake by expedia.

Also the complimentary breakfast was very sparse and unless you got down very early the few croissants, milk, apples, ornahge juice would be finished. Also these items had to be carried back to the condo as there was no communal breakfast area.

All in all this was a very poor experience at this hotel apart from 1 staff member called Robert who was very helpful and polite unlike the other staff that we encountered.

Avoid this condo hotel experience if you wish hotel type services as these are non existent. Although the hotel is close to the beach there are no other benefits to staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank asif r

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

I apologize for the challenges you encountered while staying with us regarding the AC and phone lines. I am pleased to say that we have changed management since you last stayed at Boulan, and now offer several amenities that were unavailable during your last visit.