Boulan South Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Villa Bagatelle(Miami Beach)
  • Pool
SBH South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
The Setai(Miami Beach)
  • Restaurant
Townhouse Hotel(Miami Beach)
Abbey Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Beachfront
The Plymouth(Miami Beach)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsorange blossomrooftop poolfull kitchencollins parkhalf bathroompowder roomliving roomspacious apartmentsouth beachwasher and dryersq ftfree breakfastwrap around balconypull out couchhuge balconybasshotel guests
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Stayed here for 4 nights. First impressions UGH!!!!! The pictures do this place a lot more justice that it is actually is. Firstly, the valet is controlled by a public car park around the back of the hotel. it is $40 per night (probably the cheapest in Miami!) however I would rather have paid more for better service and trust in the people parking my car!

Hotel entrance is shabby, and more on a back street. Through to the lobby, we were thinking oh no, what have we done booking here! Check in was poor, staff didn't know what they were doing. Lots of hidden charges. $30 per night service charge, and also around $600 deposit taken on swipe of card. This was not communicated that it would be taken and in fact blocked my credit card for the remainder of my stay!

Public areas, pool and terraces are in dire need of care and attention. Looks shabby and not taken care of. The rooms are very much the same. As previously mentioned, the floors are marble (which look great!) however are stained, scratched and dirty. The furniture in the apartment has also seen much better days. A real shame as the room blew us away! Was not expecting to walk into something so special after the poor appearance of the outside and lobby. The housekeeping leaves much to be desired. It is almost non existent! Everywhere is dirty, and when asked for the room to be deep cleaned after check in, we were told the housekeeping had gone home. It was only 4pm!

I left a review of check in on expedia and first thoughts of the hotel, Boulan replied to say the management would contact me. This did not happen.

Just to add, it seems that Boulan and South Beach are two separate hotels.

Wouldn;t recommend staying here. For the price, I would next time stay at one of the more upmarket chain hotels along the beach front.

On a plus, the location is good on Collins Avenue and Miami SoBe is great!!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Maria B, General Manager at Boulan South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback and detailed explanation of your experience at the Boulan Hotel. First off, I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. Be aware, we are striving to exceed our guests expectations and provide the best quality of service on a daily basis. We are looking forward to better our property this upcoming April 2017 and we truly hope to have you back and have you experience Boulan hotel the right way.

Please contact us for the possibility of staying with us once again and hope we can assist you as you please.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 January 2017

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday for a weekend beginning Jan 21. the PH suite was AMAZING! great space, great décor. Staff was also helpful and friendly. The only concern was the maintenance and housekeeping habits. Our furniture on our private deck was really in bad shape..it was wicker so it was basically falling apart. Also the floors in the PH were all marbled. So every stain showed. Who ever had our suite before we arrived had lots of fun(I can tell by the stains left on the floors in the bathroom, as well as the bedroom. Housekeeping hours were limited during the day so we were not able to call to complain right away. When we did, We told them to pay close attention to the floors ESPECIALLY the bathroom. Needless to say when we got back from shopping everything was spotless EXCEPT the floors those stains were still there. It was my birthday so I did want to spend the entire weekend harping on filthy floors. Also the Sauna was full of Sand and it didn't work. So basically there was just hot sandy water. There was no towel person to take the used towels from the pool so they were piled up all over the place. The dirty towel hamper by the pool area was filled beyond the rim and stacked up and falling over on the floor. When we were checking out the manager did say they were very short staffed(employees went to other hotels) so I am going to contribute the lack of cleanliness and maintenance to that reason. We come to Miami beach at least twice a year. We were considering staying at Boulan again but NOT under these conditions. I am a nurse and I work very hard for my $$. For the $$$ we spent per night I didn't appreciate nasty floors( putting it lightly) I don't want to go into details about what was on floors. Maybe I will return, but I am not sure at this point. We are leaning towards a NO

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BaltimorePartygirl
Maria B, General Manager at Boulan South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Three night stay. Party of four. Front entrance totally unimpressive. Circled the block thinking the address led us to the back entrance. No alert that there was road construction cutting off access to side streets.
Arrived around 7PM, a Saturday night. No valet at the door. We had to go in, to the front desk to inquire. We were told we would have to wait. Just leave our luggage and car on the street. Hmmmm. Neighborhood..... hmmmmm.
Staff was very cordial and courteous throughout the stay.
The room was a nice spacious space. Modern. Comfortable. Ample closets, cabinets and drawers.
However, upon our arrival, we had to ask for towels, soap, shampoo, etc. We also had to ask for sheets, blankets, pillows and hairdryer. No Kleenex. In room safe box did not work. Dust balls and previous occupant's dirty clothes were not removed. And told no plastic bag for dirty clothing was available, only if used for in house laundry service. Light bulb out, a pet peeve of ours. Our suite was on Collins. The noise level was extremely loud and constant. Given the street animation of South Beach , to be expected, but not to the level we experienced. This the fifth property we have stayed in, in the past two years, at this end of Collins. We would have to seriously think twice before staying here again.

Stayed: January 2017

Thank you for your feedback and we truly appreciate you choosing Boulan as your hotel to stay. First, we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced upon arriving to the hotel. We are currently working on getting our valet employees better training even though disappointed we cannot control the city's street renovation projects. In regards of our housekeeping department, we re-evaluating our staff and striving to provide the best quality of service possible. We hope we were able to accommodate every need you might have had.

When you decide to come back, please contact us to make any special arrangement desired and let you experience Boulan the right way.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Very great place, clean, bright, beautiful location. Nothing negative to say except they are supposed to be one of three hotels that permit topless sunbathing at the pool but there are not signs saying so or warning guest they may encounter it. She could not do so due to the ambiguity.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback with us.
We are happy that you chose to stay with us during your visit to Miami! It’s also great to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again in the very near future!

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Loved the hotel!! Perfect location and modern spacious room with great view from the balcony. The beds were so comfortable and the room had a full kitchen!! The staff is so friendly and helpful. Definitely coming back here!!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank EGR111
Alex G, Front Office Manager at Boulan South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel!

We are very happy to see that you enjoyed one of our Balcony One Bedroom Suites. I must say our staff is amazing, thank you for recognizing them, I was very glad to show them your review.

Hope to see you again very soon!

Jessica R.