“Great location and facility”
Review of Boulan South Beach

Boulan South Beach
Ranked #128 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 25 February 2017

This 1000 Sq.foot apt. was perfect; full kitchen and 1.5 baths, easily accommodated 3 adults. Easy walk to beach, Ocean Blvd., Lincoln outdoor mall, and numerous restaurants with outside seating and live music.

Room Tip: A little noise at night on Collins avenue, but tolerable.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Alex G, Manager at Boulan South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback with us.

We are happy that you chose to stay with us during your visit to Miami! It’s also great to that you had a great time and enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We hope to see you again in the very near future!

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Had an excellent beach day with friends today, especially thanks to the kind and attentive service from the beach staff, namingly Emmanuel. He made sure we had towels, brochures, etc. We'll definitely be back!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Maria B, General Manager at Boulan South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback with us.
We are happy that you chose to stay with us during your visit to Miami! It’s also great to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again in the very near future!

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Booked this Hotel Boulan thru booking.com the booking was for 5 nights ended up paying 25% more than the booked amount which I felt was very very high and also the service was not great did request for a room change which was not taken care of till I checked out would not go back in that hotel

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Shah Y
Maria B, General Manager at Boulan South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2017

Truly appreciate your feedback and we take into account every single response from our guests. We apologize if the information provided to you by Booking.com might have not been detailed or concrete enough for it to affect your stay at the hotel. Sometimes room changes are limited and difficult to make happen based on availability and/or guests expectations. However, we do try to accommodate our guests the best way possible and meet their needs as expected. We hope you are able to come back and make your experience an exceptional one.

Please feel free to contact us if you would like to speak further about the issues you experienced on your stay at the Boulan Hotel.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

Stayed here for 4 nights. First impressions UGH!!!!! The pictures do this place a lot more justice that it is actually is. Firstly, the valet is controlled by a public car park around the back of the hotel. it is $40 per night (probably the cheapest in Miami!) however I would rather have paid more for better service and trust in the people parking my car!

Hotel entrance is shabby, and more on a back street. Through to the lobby, we were thinking oh no, what have we done booking here! Check in was poor, staff didn't know what they were doing. Lots of hidden charges. $30 per night service charge, and also around $600 deposit taken on swipe of card. This was not communicated that it would be taken and in fact blocked my credit card for the remainder of my stay!

Public areas, pool and terraces are in dire need of care and attention. Looks shabby and not taken care of. The rooms are very much the same. As previously mentioned, the floors are marble (which look great!) however are stained, scratched and dirty. The furniture in the apartment has also seen much better days. A real shame as the room blew us away! Was not expecting to walk into something so special after the poor appearance of the outside and lobby. The housekeeping leaves much to be desired. It is almost non existent! Everywhere is dirty, and when asked for the room to be deep cleaned after check in, we were told the housekeeping had gone home. It was only 4pm!

I left a review of check in on expedia and first thoughts of the hotel, Boulan replied to say the management would contact me. This did not happen.

Just to add, it seems that Boulan and South Beach are two separate hotels.

Wouldn;t recommend staying here. For the price, I would next time stay at one of the more upmarket chain hotels along the beach front.

On a plus, the location is good on Collins Avenue and Miami SoBe is great!!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback and detailed explanation of your experience at the Boulan Hotel. First off, I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. Be aware, we are striving to exceed our guests expectations and provide the best quality of service on a daily basis. We are looking forward to better our property this upcoming April 2017 and we truly hope to have you back and have you experience Boulan hotel the right way.

Please contact us for the possibility of staying with us once again and hope we can assist you as you please.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday for a weekend beginning Jan 21. the PH suite was AMAZING! great space, great décor. Staff was also helpful and friendly. The only concern was the maintenance and housekeeping habits. Our furniture on our private deck was really in bad shape..it was wicker so it was basically falling apart. Also the floors in the PH were all marbled. So every stain showed. Who ever had our suite before we arrived had lots of fun(I can tell by the stains left on the floors in the bathroom, as well as the bedroom. Housekeeping hours were limited during the day so we were not able to call to complain right away. When we did, We told them to pay close attention to the floors ESPECIALLY the bathroom. Needless to say when we got back from shopping everything was spotless EXCEPT the floors those stains were still there. It was my birthday so I did want to spend the entire weekend harping on filthy floors. Also the Sauna was full of Sand and it didn't work. So basically there was just hot sandy water. There was no towel person to take the used towels from the pool so they were piled up all over the place. The dirty towel hamper by the pool area was filled beyond the rim and stacked up and falling over on the floor. When we were checking out the manager did say they were very short staffed(employees went to other hotels) so I am going to contribute the lack of cleanliness and maintenance to that reason. We come to Miami beach at least twice a year. We were considering staying at Boulan again but NOT under these conditions. I am a nurse and I work very hard for my $$. For the $$$ we spent per night I didn't appreciate nasty floors( putting it lightly) I don't want to go into details about what was on floors. Maybe I will return, but I am not sure at this point. We are leaning towards a NO

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple