Crescent Resort On South Beach
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)
US$259
US$218
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$217
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$379
US$379
  • Beachfront
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$198
US$179
Hilton.com
US$179
  • Beachfront
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$318
US$246
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
US$269
Travelocity
US$324
US$249
  • Beachfront
All reviewsdiamond resortsocean driveon south beachone bedroom unitfull kitchenliving roomperfect locationlummus parkrooftop deckart decopeople watchingrestaurants and barscoffee makerper daybeach towelsvalet parkingjacques
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2008

Wow is all I have to say! My friend booked this hotel for a weekend getaway and I'm so glad she did. It's located on the beach in South Beach and it's one of those art deco buildings which although you can't tell much from the outside, I was pleasantly surprised once I went in. the guys at the front desk were super friendly and very welcoming. The suite was spotless and very up to date. It had a flat screen tv and the bed was really comfy. I even loved some of their furniture for my own house. It was extremely clean and quiet (rare in SoBe) and such a good little set up. They even lended us chairs for the beach the next morning.
I prefer places like these vs the larger chain hotels because service is a lot more personal and you usually get more out of your stay.
Since then, I have recommemded it to some friends and they will be down in June.
I will definately be returning for another weekend soon.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2008

The suite seemed like a great fit, on the beach, a kitchette studio with a stylish retro design, and decent price. It wasn't until after we loaded the rooms with our bags that I noticed that the carpet really looked like it hadn't been vacumned in ages. I mentioned it to the desk clerk, so he must have notified the maids. Well, an hour or so later, I hear a loud knocking at the door, and of course reply, "who is it"?, quite loudly as well, two seconds later, the maid it barging in with vacumn in hand and and another maid. Well, they obviously are not very well trained, and don't understand simple english.

Besides the carpet, bath tiles were soaped and seemed ikky in some places. Dirty finger stains on doors, etc. Floors seemed gross in grout and corners.

Really gross old furniture, scared to sit on some stuff. Just an all round feeling of dirty....

Betsy in Florida

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2008

I stayed at the Crescent Resort for a full week, about 8 days right after Memorial Day weekend, so this review is long overdue. There were a total of 6 of us 3 guys, 3 ladies and I can vouch for all that the overall experience was relaxing and pleasant. Location, Location, and Luis (he's great) is the greatest perks. It's located directly on Ocean Drive. Steps away from South Beach and strides away from great restaurants and novelty shops. Combined with the sheer atmosphere and aura that beautiful Miami brings, this place is a winner in my book. I agree with others that it could use some modernization and updates, but I presume if they do a full modernized update, prices will go sky high with its prime location. So I’ll take out of date furniture instead of an over-priced stay any day. Unfortunately Miami has that stark dichotomy when you're one of the price and proximity conscious. Either you do a cheap and shabby, no-namer to be close or live it up and spend it all at the Ritz or Palms. Oh yeah, you can always stay somewhere better than shabby and affordable but have to take a taxi the beach (how convienent and relaxing??) The Crescent was a happy medium for me. Definitely wasn't living the life of luxury there, but we was comfortable in our 2BR, 2Bath suite. Since we were there for a while we went food shopping and cooked and kind of felt like we were at home (NJ) with the beach as our front yard. Can't speak for the full staff b/c didn't run into a lot but when we did our maid was always really nice and our room was always clean and stayed stocked with towels. The only incident is that I got our flight dates wrong and under booked our room a day so we had to find an impromptu place for the one night. We had to give up our suite at check-out so the lobby became our residence for a few hours while we waited to check-in the other spot. Luis was kind enough to prepare a room for the tons of our luggage to be so we wouldn't have to sit around and watch them and could be free to kill time outdoors. Now the ultimate would have been him giving us a comp stay or at least a discounted night but hey...maybe next time Luis?? :) Overall, nice place to be...would definitely go back!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2008

Sorry to say but I can't recommend this hotel anymore. I have stayed at this hotel about 8 times over the past 12 years -- but not since Hilton Grand Vacation Clubs sold it about 4-5 years ago. I love the location of this hotel and the 1-bedroom units with kitchenette are just right for staying for a week or more. Thus I hate to report that I will probably not be staying here again for the following reasons:
The hotel was almost exactly like it was the last time I stayed there. Same couch, same chair, same tile floor, same shower-head, same mattress, same kitchen chairs, same Cary Grant pictures on the wall, etc. In case you missed the sarcasm, the place needs to updated pronto -- it is very worn out. The furniture is still what Hilton originally put into the rooms and is thus probably 12+ years old -- way past time to be replaced by hotel standards.
This used to be a nice quiet hotel - no more. The new owners have decided to turn this hotel into a time share property, and have taken over half of the very small lobby for a sales center. In addition, they have taken over the rooftop and basement for this use as well. There is almost a constant flow of people into the hotel to hear the sales pitch and you are always being asked if you want a sales pitch as you go in and out the door. This isn't a 9-5 sales operation, sales and tours can go until 10:00 pm or later on the weekends. The front porch and sidewalk have also been taken over with 5-6 sales people hanging out and trying to lure perspective buyers into the hotel or selling day-tour packages.
Other changes -- there used to be a jacuzzi and lounge chairs for sunning on the roof - no more. The jacuzzi has been filled in and tiled over and the lounge chairs have been replace by standard deck chairs (better to sell time-shares I guess). In addition, the stereo radio/CD player is no longer in the room, But there is a DVD player connected to the very small TV in the living room/kitchen. There is another small TV in the bedroom.
The only car parking is via valet service which is >$27/day. But call well ahead as it takes anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hour to get your car delivered.
Stay at the Hilton GVC next door -- it is much nicer.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank traffic_guru
Reviewed 6 April 2008

I thought the hotel was quaint, I like the art deco style. The staff was friendly and was helpful about what clubs and things to do on the beach.
I would recommend this hotel, the view from the deck is amazing, no complaints here. cool place.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple