“Expensive but lot's of fun!”

Mango's Tropical Cafe
Book In Advance
More Info
US$80.00*
and up
Nightclub VIP Package
Ranked #5 of 100 Nightlife in Miami Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: The staff gets into the party at this popular dance club, offering merengue and salsa along with straight up rock.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We wanted to do something different for our one dinner in Miami Beach and this seemed to fit the bill. I was a little confused on how the dinner and show pricing worked. Basically, we paid $192 dollars (ouch!!) to reserve a table for the evening. We then could eat and drink as much as we wanted but had to pay the difference if we went over. We tried but couldn't eat and drink that much and they do not refund the difference. The dancing was quite good and the food was very good. The magician was excellent! The only complaint I have is that for that kind of money I should be able to see the entertainment. From my seat I could see about 3/4 of the stage if I turned completely around and gave myself a neck cramp. The other option was to watch a poor quality video screen where everything was fuzzy. Despite this I still had a fun time and would recommend it for anyone looking for a night out with some good dancing.

2  Thank jehdfd
Write a ReviewReviews (1,767)
All reviews
in 67 reviews
"loud music"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 31 March 2018

A very good entertainment spot - just lacking in a couple of areas as (I hope the venue reads this). Food is good and sensibly priced. Our male waiter I felt over charged us as we had already paid for a table and then you work off the total in food and drink - one can't help but feel the waiter gets the reamins of what you don't spend - We asked twice how much we were up to - he was kind of vagueness!
The performers are great - superb show. Out of the 30 performers - just a few ruin the show by not performing and going through the motions - it's stands out when all the other performers really make an effort.
I would defiantly go again but this time - agree with the server our spend and hope they work with us - happy then to give a big tip. Get a table on the ground level if you have 3 or more in your group.

3  Thank Berkeley H
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Hubby and I had a nice dinner on Ocean Drive and walked by Mango’s which had leopard dressed staff on the sidewalk ushering in people for their stage show. The room is bright, fun music and many different stage shows that restart every 40 minutes. We ordered a dessert and a super large frozen drink at the bar. Quick service and the HUGE drink was delicious. Really enjoyed the many different acts that took stage. The buff guys dancing and super sexy girls singing gave the room lots of energy. Can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Sure its touristy but that's part of the fun! You can't go to Miami beach without stopping by Mango. It is such a fun, unique place. The live band is fantastic to (attempt) to Salsa too, and there are rooms upstairs playing more conventional club music if Latin music isn't your thing. The drinks, I thought, are pretty typically priced. If you want to avoid a line, just go before midnight and there should be no problem. If you go in without any expectations and just go with the flow, you'll definitely have a good time!

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 March 2018

We attended the dinner and show. Its really a lot of fun as you have the table from 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm and as you eat and drink there are something like 40 short dances or singer presentations on the wide part of the bar facing the dining area. I'd say 80% of the performers were very talented while the other 20% were the bartenders who were a lot of fun - with the male dancers taking off their shirts and mugging for the crowd. The dancers performed short salsa, mamba, tango and cumbia dances. At one point the male partner twirled the amazing salsa dancer four times around as she knelt down on her toe. You need to sit back and enjoy the scene and not obsess with how corny it sometimes is with the big wigs and head pieces. I read several complaints regarding the slow and inattentive service, but lighten up! We found the waiters to be very friendly and helpful. It took longer to get our food and drinks but hey, you got three hours! I had the roasted chicken - excellent, my partner had the sautéed shrimp - good, we shared the flat bread - excellent, and the key lime pie - good. We had skipped this experience last time we were in SB because it looked kind of touristy but once we did go we had a very fun time. Very lively and entertaining.