1,085 results
All reviews ocean drive south beach versace mansion soaking tub free bikes steam room pool deck front desk staff perfect location king suite people watch late checkout mini bar directly across the street art deco hotel restaurants and bars great pool
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Valet service was prompt. Check in was painless. Room was tidy, well presented and the bed was comfortable. Bathroom decent, shower pressure wasn’t impressive. Gym and pool facilities. The beach is just across the road.

The restaurant which seems to be associated with the hotel is “The sugar factory” which is an example of fantastic marketing. The food was below average but from the outside you get the impression it’s special which it isn’t. Overpriced. Poor service as well.
Other than the restaurant everything else was spot on.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018

I would like to give you short overview about our stay in your hotel Victor in Miami South Beach from 13. March to 17. March 2018.
We arrived at the hotel on Thursday, 13. March 2018 at about 03:45 p.m.! The room was not ready, but it was not a problem for us, the lady at reception kindly asked us to wait about 10 min. until our room is finished. So we did!
But when the time takes to 04:25 p.m. – so it was much longer than 10 min., and it is announced that check-in time is 04:00 p.m. – I went to the lady at the reception and asked here once again how long we need to wait anymore, until our room is finished…. After that we got our not more than 10 min. later.
Surprisingly it was a very good room, we got 316 with a perfect Ocean, Ocean Drive and pool view, many thanks for this amazing room!
On the next day – it was 14. March – we went to the pool, at about 02:30 p.m.. But unfortunately there was only one towel left for us two?! The lady sitting at the issuing place for the towels didn´t apologize or anything like that, that there is only one towel left, she only said, “we are washing!”

During the following days at the hotel there were no particular things, neither in a very good or in a very bad way, we want to tell.
But then our last day – 17. March came, much more quickly than we thought and time came to say goodbye to the nice hotel and the cool Miami Beach.
In the morning I asked the lady at the reception – by the way, the same lady which checked us in – if it is possible to get a late check out, because we are leaving at 03:00 p.m. off to the airport. She was friendly and told me, that we can stay in our room until noon, but then the room will be needed. So noon didn´t helped us to bridge our gap to 03:00 p.m. when we wanted to leave and going to airport. But I asked her, if there is a possibility to shower and store our luggage in the hotel, after we have checked out. She told me, that we can use the SPA facilities to shower, after we had checked out.

As I said before, noon for checkout didn’t helped us bridging our gap until we wanted to leave for the airport, so we decided to check out at 11:30 a.m.. After check out I asked once more, if we will have the possibility to take shower and store our luggage when we will came back to hotel after some last hours at the beach. Once more the lady at the reception assured us, that we can use the facilities of the SPA after we came back from the beach.
We handed over our luggage to the bell boy, got a tag to identify our suitcases and left the hotel for beach. It was about noon at that time.

We came back to from beach to your hotel exactly at 02:00 p.m. Took our Trolleys and took the elevator downstairs to the Spa. But the Spa was closed, and on the entrance of Spa there was a notice that “Spa is temporary closed and thy team apologizes for any inconvenience”!
So we went up to reception and told this the lady, which told me just 2 hours before, that we can use the Spa. She called the Spa and told me exactly what I´ve already read at entrance of the Spa and she feels very sorry about this, but she can’t offer us any other facility to shower! From that point on I got upset and ask her to call her manager.
The lady from the reception went back into the office and came back after about 5 min. She told me, that she had talked to her manager and we will get no possibility to shower and I can write an email to the manager. She didn’t tried to call her on the cell phone or gave me her cell phone number, that I could have call here… Now I got more upset and asked once more to call her manager because I want to talk to her! It was now 02:15 p.m., we had to left your hotel at 03:00 p.m. to reach our 8 hours flight back home.
The lady at the reception told me, that her manager is now out of the hotel and I can´t talk to her now, but she will be back in 15 min and I can wait for her.
The lady at the reception and her manager were just playing, because they already knew that we need to leave at 03:00 p.m. and we need to take a shower before we leave….
As I understood the situation in that moment, we would not get any place to shower in the hotel, not even a dirty hotel room we asked for… the lady behind the reception desk said she could not give us a not cleaned room without the permission of her manager and announced once I can talk to the manager in 15 min.
So we looked out for a gym around the hotel and we tried to shower there. We found one, but we had to buy a day ticket for $ 55,00 for two.
When we got back to the hotel, I asked once more to talk to the manager, but – and this was exactly what I had expected – the manager was not “available” to talk to me and so the both ladies behind the reception desk offered me once more the business card of the manager to write an email to her.

The first impression of the hotel was very good and we liked it there, but after we did the checkout the promised hotel service was no longer available! And this is exactly what all people write on tripadvisor about the hotel.
I travel the world a lot, but this never happened to me in any part of the world! Maybe the stuff from the hotel should once came to Europe and especial to Austria, to see how service orientated the tourism industry is there! Maybe they will learn something and learn how to treat people, even if they have already checked out of the hotel!

At the end I can only point out, we will never stay in one of Victor hotels anymore, if we ever came back to the U.S.!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aschi528
Reviewed 28 August 2018

My daughter, Gran Daughter, & myself stayed here the day/night before our cruise. It was simply amazing!! The decor, the location, & the staff were all 2nd to none! Being right next to the Giovanni (spelling) Museum, we thought we would not fit into such a place, but it was all as down to earth as we are. We felt right at home, & safe! I would deff stay here again, ^ highly recommend !!

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018

In March, I had reserved in March a Double Deluxe room at $342.68 for 4 people (2 adults and 2 children). On arrival on the 18th Aug, we were told there was an overbooking and the double deluxe was no longer available. They proposed us 2 alternatives. alternative 1: 2 double rooms non-communicating rooms. they soon realised that wasn't a viable option as our children are too young to sleep alone in a non supervised room. alternative 2: overbooking to their sister accommodation . They first claimed it was of equal quality. However when I looked it up on the website, the junior suite (which also sleeps 4 people), was still available on Saturday 18Aug at $185.
They refused to offer any compensation for their mistake. We requested to speak to the manager but that was simply refused. My advise DO NOT BOOK THERE. You cannot rely on your booking. There a much better hotels in the neighbourhood with far better customer service.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank sagapo0201
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I went to South Beach for a quick vacation. Hotel Victor is centrally located on Ocean Drive. Guerdine the supervisor was very accommodating and was great! Several room issues came up and Guerdine handled all of them.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo