“Tasty Asian Fusion Cuisine”
Review of Zen Sai

Zen Sai
Ranked #223 of 1,112 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 10th Street
Description: Zen Sai is an Asian-fusion masterpiece. It's a unique social dining experience on South Beach with small and large sharing plates of fresh seafood and Robata grilled items. Signature items at Zen Sai include Fried Bok Choy, Black Cod with Yuzu Miso Sauce, Scallion Wrapped Ribeye, Pork Belly Sliders, Robata Grilled Octopus, Miso-Mustard Glazed Sea Bass and Spicy Rock Shrimp Tempura with Serrano Aioli and Worcestershire Sauce. Zen Sai also features an extensive wine list, fine sakes and specialty cocktails to complement menu items.
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

If you like lychees and like martinis, you'll love their lychee martini! Garbanzo spring rolls were tasty and just enough for two to get the appetites going. The pork belly sliders were amazing - I'd go back just to order this! Chicken skewers were great too - only wished there were more (not a great 'value'). Lychee panna cotta and chocolate cake were both a tasty end to an overall delicious dinner.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

We come to Miami about once a month, and as many really good restaurants there are in Miami, we always seem to find our way back to Zen Sai. The ambience is great, the service is very friendly and knowledgeable, but most of all the food is delicious!

Reviewed 19 July 2016

I tried this place out because I was staying at the adjoined Essex House Hotel. Knowing this, my friendly waitress offered me complimentary wine and sushi which was nice. I then tried the highly recommended spring rolls which were great, before finishing with the pork belly which was delicious. I also had a really good cocktail there. My waitress was lovely and helpful and the sushi chef even struck up a conversation with me as I sat at the bar. This place had a pretty mellow, quiet atmosphere if you're looking for that, and is designed to be small, share plates.

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

We were looking for a quiet place with good food, far from the noise, yet (very) close to Ocean drive, and found it! Nice ambience to have conversation, excellent food to enjoy the moment. Plates are small portions that come as they are ready, a bit pricey, though totally worth it! The best part, Estafanía's service, her courteous and efficient demeanor really made the difference!

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Used to absolutely love this place. At one point I would come weekly. The bartenders and sushi chef were top notch. I was away most of April and May and when I came back in June, the entire staff and management changed. They must have cleared house for one reason or another. The people behind the bar are friendly but the cocktails are slightly off. The restaurant is supposed to close at 11. as advertised. No mention of a separate kitchen closing time. I came at 1015 and was informed kitchen was closed. I find this unacceptable. In the past, even if I came as late as 1040, they would bend over backwards to accommodate a customer. Never in the past was told kitchen was closed before eleven.

Like I said、 in the past they would bend over backwards to accommodate. No matter what. They would even run over requests from
The clevelander! It is a hotel, so it makes sense.

Well quality is now in toilet. They could give two $#!+$. I mean, so at 1015 they decide to close kitchen; they didn't even offer me sushi, the freakin sushi chef stood there for 20 minutes doing nothing. They could have said, "there is no hot food but the sushi chef will make you something."

I've probably been to this restaurant over 150 times in three years. I will not be going back.

1  Thank NoahFG43