“Perfect girls weekend hotel”
Review of Hotel Astor

Hotel Astor
Ranked #68 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The hotel Astor was great for my first trip to Miami. We arrived early, and while we couldn't check In yet, the front desk held our bags and gave us beach chairs for the beach. The beach is just blocks away from the hotel. When we returned to check in, they had upgraded our room as a thank you for our patience. If I return to Miami, hotel Astor is where I will stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jasmine E
Write a ReviewReviews (1,137)

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Not very happy with my second stay at this hotel. Will stay somewhere else next trip to Miami and will no longer reccomend the Astor to family or friends. Had reserved a double room for weekend stay with best friend. Upon arrival was assigned king bed. Was told several times I was wrong because his paper showed king. No double rooms available. Finally was offered suite with a double bed. The pull out was Horrible at best. Party outside windows that started st 12 am and ended around 4am. Still trying to make the best of it until we arrived back from beach the next day at 5pm and no maid service. Called front desk and they acted like that was normal. Asked for towels which were delivered 45 minutes later. Never did get maid service. I would not consider myself high maintenance but would like to get what I paid for. They have lost me as a repeat guest.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jlccf817
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Great location, not far from the beach and walking distance to the nightlife in south beach.
From the moment we checked in we felt very welcome at the Astor. Jorge is very helpful and always knew where to guide us.
I will most def stay here again when I come back to Miami in December. The room was very spacious, comfortable beds and huge bathroom. No complaints about the Astor. Thank you again Jorge and all the staff for making our stay in Miami memorable.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Melissa P
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I was in Miami Beach for business reasons. I booked this hotel through one of the name your own price websites. I've had great deals before and thought this was a good one too. I was wrong. I arrived at 9 pm. on a saturday night and was told that I was supposed to pay a resort fee (the hotel is 400 yards away from the nearest beach). Explaining the reason for my trip didn't help. They also told me that internet was additional fee and I didn't have an option to opt out. It was already late and I had to get rest. I didn't argue much. When I came to the room it was a big shock. The room looked nothing like pictures. Small and very simple furniture, not even a tiny rug on the floor. The first thing I noticed was dirty bathroom. There was hair on the floor and the bathtub was not really clean. I sat on the bed to make a phone call and the headboard starting falling on me. I held it up and realized everytime I moved, the springs of the mattress made terrible noise. I turned my ipad on to search for another hotel. But realized wi-fi wasn't working. Called front desk and was told to wait 20 min. After 30 min, I called again and was told that it wasn't gonna work. I said, then you cannot charge me for something that isn't working. The guy said, I'm sorry, but we have to charge you, you can talk to my manager tomorrow. I started checking for hotels from my iphone, but all the nice hotels were booked. I was so tired that I decided to sleep and find a hotel in the morning. I woke up at 1am to a group of people fighting in the hallway. They were in front of my door, yelling and hitting each other. I called the frontdesk and asked for help. Then at 3 am I heard a man screaming on the street "help me, somebody help me". I heard police sirens right away. When things started calming down, another group of women started loudly arguing in front of my door at 4 am. I opened the door and said "excuse me, but it's 4 in the morning". The woman in "street clothes" started yelling at me and using really bad language. I closed the door and called the front desk. I couldn't go back to sleep, scared of people staying at the hotel. To make things worse, a group of people arrived at 6 am and started partying in a big balcony below my room. I had to call front desk one more time. I had a meeting at 8 am. After maybe an hour of sleep, I went to frontdesk and the guy didn't argue much. If the travel agency agreed, they would give my money back for the remaining nights. I was lucky to find a much better and much cheaper hotel for the rest of my trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank debbie9191
Lta791, Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear Guest,
We feel sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay at the Astor Hotel. During that weekend we had a few rooms rented for a bachelorette party and they were at the same level floor. We did take measurements by pulling them out of the hotel for being noisy. We do apologize and we hope you give us another chance to host you again. We try to make everyone of our guests happy but sometimes is very difficult because everyone have different expectations on how to spend their vacation.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

The hotel is very trendy and the rooms are decorated in all white with huge beds flat screen tvs and very spacious . The italian restaurant attached to the hotel has great food and dining alfresco was great . There is a convenience store directly opposite the hotel that sells everything you would need and the hotel is only 2 blocks from the beach . Hotel staff very friendly and helpful . will be staying at this hotel again......

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo