“Excellent stay!”
Review of The Colony Hotel

The Colony Hotel
Ranked #150 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our room was comfortable and clean. Queen bed was nice and we slept well. Staff was friendly and accomodating. Thank you Meeta, Alfredo, Mara, and Candice! The bar was a little pricey, but the drinks were outstanding. This was our second stay here and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Request a room towards the back of the hotel for less noise,
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Eddie N, Director of Sales at The Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear guest thank you for the review and feedback and most importantly for being a loyal customer.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,137)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were a party of 8 and there were some questions at our check in. Had a couple of problems but they got it figured out. Rooms are small but clean. Beds were comfortable and the a/c worked well. We did not eat at the restaurant but the few people I asked said the food was good. All in all a good hotel with a good staff. I would stay here again. You do get what you pay for. This is a 3 star hotel and priced well. It is in the heart of SB and exactly where you want to be. Mirta, Lynda and Alfredo were all very nice and helpful. I would recommend this to anyone that wants a cheap hotel room that is not expecting much except for a clean room and helpful people. With a few upgrades this place could be 4 stars. Also be warned there is construction going on next door for approximately 4 more weeks. This was a problem for those of us that partied a little too hard and needed to sleep. Our rooms toiletries were really nice and there was a fridge in the room. Also had a rain shower head (im not a fan) and no soap dish in the shower?!? thought that was weird.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Eddie N, Director of Sales at The Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Doug, thank you for the detailed and thorough review - we are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you would visit us again, I will pass along the kind words you had to say about our staff, even though the construction next door is out of our control we apologize if it was an inconvenience for you, we can't wait for them to finish up already so our guests do not have to be disturbed by any noise coming from next door. Please reach out to us directly if you ever plan to come back to Miami Beach and want to give us another opportunity to host you, we take good care of our repeat clients!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Unfortunately, I had a bad experience in this hotel. As I was sleeping in my room, a woman (that was also staying in the hotel) saw my door was faulty and pushed it open. She saw my pants on the floor and pulled them out into the hallway. She ran down the stairs, emptying my pockets. She stole my cell phone, wallet, cash and even my jeans. What low life steals a pair of jeans? The lady checked out early saying she had roaches in her room, so they said they would comp her the evening.
The next morning, I filed a police report. When the cops arrived, the staff still had not checked the surveillance yet, even though I had already reported it to them. Even the officer noticed that the room door did not fully close, unless it was push closed. The officer said she would return if anything else popped up. The staff was nice BUT I feel they did not do enough. After checking the video, they saw it was a guest, meaning they had the lady's name and number. They could have called the cops to provide the information, immediately to tell the officers so that they could see if they were still in Florida or maybe at the airport.
Not only that, but I did not even get compensated. The lady that stole my stuff was going to get compensated (obviously that changed after they saw the footage) for lying about roaches in her room, but I couldn't get anything even though I was robbed due to a faulty door? And the following day I decided to eat lunch here along with a few drinks. When I received the bill, I was shocked to see that each tequila shot was $25. It was patron. I know it's Miami, but let's be real. So, basically I was robbed twice in 2 days. Lesson learned. Yes, it is a cheap hotel, but with what I lost, I paid 4 times the amount of what a better hotel would have cost me.
I am sure their representative will write something below like: "I apologize for your experience. We will check these doors. Blah blah blah". That doesn't get me back all the money I lost. And trust me, no one will be checking the doors.
Good luck to anyone who decides to stay here. Someone might say this is an isolated incident. With faulty doors, I know it isn't. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Eddie N, Manager at The Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Jose, Thank you for your feedback & I apologize for the experience you encountered during your stay with us. Its unfortunate to read your review as the feedback you expressed during your time with us was positive & this review contradicts just that. My team & I felt like we went above & beyond in trying to assist you during this stressful situation. In several occasions, we called the authorities to provide more information & as discussed when you were here- The authorities do not take information over the phone which is why they had to physically be present in the hotel. We aim to not only meet but exceed our guest expectations, we apologize we were not able to do that for you! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Both my mate and myself stayed here last month for 2 nights. It was a dream to stay on Ocean Drive, however most Ocean Drive hotels charge $30+ resort fee per night, however The Colony only charged $5 per night, which was more reasonable. The price itself for the hotel wasn't terrible either.

What's really good was the discount you get within Columbus restaurant downstairs, which is an added bonus, along with a glass of bubbly on arrival, and a free entry to Mango's bar. The only sad thing was in Oct (maybe because of Hurricane Irma) it was a little dead everywhere, obviously not the hotel's fault.

I have not rated this higher, as we stayed in 2 other places after this, which were around the same price and the room was bigger, and bit more nicer. The room was on the small side, which is not overally bad, but feel had better value for money in other hotels.

Would recommend this hotel either way!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you Adam for the review and feedback, our rooms are more typical of the room size you will find in most hotels, since our property is a historic building (built in 1936) they did not emphasize on large living areas in that era, our resort fee was increased a few months back to $20 per night, the rate you received was most likely due to how far ahead in advance you had booked your reservation, any guest that booked when the resort fee was $5 will have that rate honored. We appreciate your recommendation and we hope you give us another opportunity to host you in the future should you come back to Miami Beach.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fab hotel, staff were friendly and most helpful. King size bed in our room was wonderful, great nights sleep. Highly recommend the car valet service. You could use beach towels that were handed out at reception which was a great help(don't forget to hand them back). Before leaving we had lunch at the restaurant at the front of the hotel which was lovely.

Stayed: November 2017

Thank you Wendy for the wonderful review, it literally speaks for itself!