1,237 results
All reviews south beach wet willies hardwood floors bars and clubs news cafe ocean dr art deco hotel
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Arrived at this hotel about 9pm during spring break. Sadly didn't encounter any of the wonderful front desk staff named in other reviews. The reception is pokey and grubby. The restaurant and bar staff harass you every time you enter or leave to eat or drink there (very expensive).

When we walked into our room there was an overpowering odour of stale urine. The room was very tight, no drawers or luggage racks. Very low on sockets. The bathroom was filthy, grubby black scum around shower and floor tiles.

We discovered the urine smell was coming for the aircon unit so couldn't use it. Sadly we were booked for two nights and as it was spring break couldn't find any alternative hotels anywhere so sadly had to suffer both nights. Didn't want to take shoes off to have to walk around or get in shower.

Absolutely the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Just vile. The WiFi is about as reliable as the TV. The only shelf in the room is above the TV, actually higher than the door frame. Beggars belief.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Eddie N, Director of Sales at The Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear guest, we apologize about all the issues you encountered, we are surprised that this could not be corrected at the time as we have 3 hotels in Miami Beach and I'm positive that between them I would have been able to provide you with alternative accommodations. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

P.S. The black grout on the floor tile in the bathroom is by design, it is not because the floor is dirty.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Overall the stay was average. The best thing about this hotel is the location, right on Ocean Drive with all the South Beach partying and also right in front of the beach. It’s a small old hotel that looks more like a newly remodeled motel. The room was very very small but clean and the bed was comfortable. I stayed there one night and it served its purpose, just a place to lay my head for the night. The customer service is what I guess you would expect from a privately own small hotel, basically slow and almost nonexistent. Beware of the overly expensive valet parking, which took 45 minuets to bring my car for me. I have no idea what the resort fee covered, maybe the WiFi which worked good. If you don’t like busy hotels in busy locations, this is not the spot for you. The elevator is very very very old and small but kind of fun and interesting to use. The nice flat screen Tv and cable worked well, as well as the wall unit A/C. Also you have to go all the way down stairs to get ice from the front desk. Overall the small old hotel does have a great Miami South Beach vibe but lacks in customer service and amenities.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank therealjreed

Thank you Mr. Reed for the review and feedback, the lack of "customer service" is definitely a concern for us as we typically get very high marks for our service, if you'd like to reach out to us at your earliest convenience and provide a more detailed account of what happened during your stay we'd welcome the opportunity as we'd like to make sure that whatever made you feel that way that it is addressed from our end for all future guests. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Not a fancy place, but the location and service are excellent. Alfredo always greeted us with a smile and was ready to help with anything you need! Would definitely stay here again next time I am back in South Beach.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you Subway guys for the great review and feedback! We can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 16 May 2018

The hotel is a quintessential South Beach hotel- small rooms, big price, not much in way of luxury, so if you're looking for the Ritz, not this. If you are looking for the South Beach hotel experience, this is it. I knew what amenities, room size, and expectations should be- and I was correct. The trip was enjoyable, other than the Valet making us wait for an hour and a half and never showing up, it was fun. (I know the valet is a third party service, but as I instructed hotel staff, it still reflects poorly on them because it cost us extra money to Uber and we lost time waiting)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Alex, thank you for your review and honesty, please accept our sincerest apologies with regards to Valet, even though they are a separate company you are 100% correct, it does look poorly on us, we promise you that this issue will be addressed with the Valet parking management - if you were charged for Valet please reach out to me at your earliest convenience and I will have those charges waived.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Linda made my experience really well. Great customer service and hospitality. I will be returning again to the Colony because Linda made my experience a good one. Hotel room was nice and had a refreshing smell.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear guest thank you for the review and feedback as well as the kind words about Linda, she is an integral part of our team and we constantly get positive feedback about her from our guests, we'll make sure to share this review with her, please come back to visit us again real soon.