“Great hotel”

Ranked #57 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I stayed here for the second time a few weeks ago. The decor is very basic, everything is white. The pool is a great party scene on the weekends if you're into that - loud music, lots of energy, etc. If you prefer quiet, head the beach. The hotel is located in an ideal location - it's easy to walk to other hotels. There is also a fun outdoor bar/lounge called SkyBar with lots of beds/oversized chairs to relax on. The staff was very helpful and unpretentious.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Alexandra A, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear merboston,

Thank you so much for your lovely review and I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope to see you soon.

Best Regards,

Alexandra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2012

On arrival at the shore club, my friend and I got out of the taxi and were about to take our luggage and duty free bags from the boot of the Taxi when the valet insisted on getting our bags. My friend and I continued to enter the hotel and checked in at reception, comfortable in the knowledge that after a long journey our bags were being attened to. The valet was also chatting to one of his co-workers while unloading our bags. Once at reception I looked over to see that our suitcases, jacket and two duty free bags were put on a hotel trolly. However there was one duty free bag missing with a total value of $90 inside. I asked the valet where the other bag was and he said all the bags were there and I told him there was another bag and at this point he just had a gormless look on his face as he knew he'd been so busy chatting to his co-worker, that he's left one bag in the cab. After reporting the incident straight away, we were told that if the items were not recovered I would be reimbursed. I reported the incident again the following day and AGAIN two days later to the valet manager who gave me an incident report to fill in. My missing items were not recovered. I explained to the valet that we were checking out shortly and they said I would receive an email detailing the outcome. Well when I received the email of the outcome, I was both disgusted and angry that they had apparently asked the valet, or as they put it 'done some research', stating that they determined that all my items were removed from the taxi and that this was 'proof' that no articles were left in the taxi. Then they continued to say they were denying the claim. Really what this means is that the valet is an incompetent liar who lied to save his miserable backside from being fired!! It's also nice to know that this valet company basically insinuated that I was lying. What a nice way to treat your customers by covering up for the hotels useless valet staff! By saying the items were removed from the taxi, they are saying exactly that...that I'm a liar. Yet while we were staying at the Shore Club, not once did the valet or ANY hotel staff back up the claim that the valet had definately removed the bag from the taxi and its seems very convenient that they only seemed to have found this so-called 'proof' after we have left the country. This is because the 'proof' was of course the upstanding word of the valet who waited until we left the hotel to then declare that he definately removed all of our bags from the taxi. As well as this incident, we also had a member of staff burst into our room early one morning after only knocking once and then shot back out after realsing that my friend and I were still asleep! If you value your luggage and your personal belongings and some privacy, I would highly recommend that you DO NOT stay at the Shore Club Hotel!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melanie M
William R, Front Office Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
Dear Melanie M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Shore Club. I sorry to read of the incident regarding your luggage and we have been in contact with you directly to discuss this incident.

Kind Regards,

William Rademacher
Front Office Manager
New York
Reviewed 10 February 2012

There has been an enormous improvement in the service and general quality of the hotel.....it is now quite professional....aesthetically, there are a few areas that require attention....for instance, once outside the back wooden door that leads to the beach, the landscape appears neglected.....in comparison, the same area outside of the Delano Hotel, along with several others, is nicely landscaped and quite stylish.....so when one enters back to the hotel it is quite goodlooking and cohesive.....also, the secondary swimming pool area of the hotel seems a bit neglected as far as design is concerned....needs a bit of attention.....in addition, the main elevator wall is covered with many items relating to 'fire' and 'exit' etc...it is poorly designed and not very attractive to look at....there is the same issue behind the main reception desk of the hotel, although to a lesser extent.....however, overall, the hotel is lovely indeed.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank sdwgns
Alexandra A, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
Dear sdwgns,

Thank you for your great review. We have made many improvements both from the service side and to the hotels rooms and public areas over the last year so thank you for recognizing these.

Thank you also for your honest feedback about the outside landscape, back pool and elevator. We are currently acting on your feedback and when you return we are confident all of these areas of improvement will have been updated.

Hope to see you soon.

Monza, Italy
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This is a great place where to stay. the place is funny and full of energy. If you are looking for the "classical" hotel this is not the place for you. this place is young and design and the staff of the hotel is not that kind of "experienced" staff but it's more in the style of the "shop assistant": nice, enthusiastic and will try hard to please you even if is not very experienced. Eat the tuna rolls with french fries beside the swimming pool is great. the pools are 2 and big, good. there are 2 restaurants..Ago (good italian) and Nobu (good japanese).. expensive but good. in the night there is a place where to dance and some nights during the week there are parties where the guest of the hotel can go. it's definitively a place that I would recommend if you want to go to Miami South Beach.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank LucaO7
Dear LucaO7,

Thank you for your fantastic review and for recognizing our amazing staff. We have made many changes since March 2011 since you last stayed so we hope to be able to welcome you back soon so we can showcase wonderful Shore Club to you again.

Thank you also for your great comments about Ago and Nobu. Ago has actually changed to a new high end Italian resturant called Terrazza so hopefully you will be able to try out its fantastic menu soon.

Best,

Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Well what can I say besides WOW! Once again my trip to the shore club was absolutely fabulous. The front desk staff was so attentive to my special requests and early check in (a special thank you to William, Jennifer and Mario). My ocean view room was clean and beautiful. There is nothing like waking up to the wonderful Miami Beach view every morning. Time at the pool was also wonderful. The staff poolside are all so gracious and friendly and seemed to bend over backwards to make sure all of your needs are met. Ricky and Henry were always available to to get me more towels or to help move my umbrella. The bar was a lot of fun as well and Dakota is a nice addition to the bartending staff, he sure knows his way around the bar and was very friendly. It is safe to say that with all these amenities and wonderful staff I will be back again.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room there.