“Tops in Mt Dora”

Ranked #3 of 124 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Moved up this way over a year ago and we regularly have tried to find a great restuarant nearby. We lierally stumbled upon the Goblin Market while walking place to place to find seating for 6. We didn't manage to eat there that night but we did return as 2 a later night.

This restaurant is by far, THE BEST which Mt Dora and surrounding area has to offer. The intimate feeling of the book lined dining rooms add to the dining experience. The food was well prepared, nicely presented and tasted fantastic.

I had the duck, my wife the filet. The duck was not the best duck i ever had, but was very good. I always like to try something which you don't find on every menu. Next time i will try the filet. My wife described it as very richly flavored and tender.

1  Thank Dennis N
Write a ReviewReviews (1,625)

Reviewed 29 March 2018

This is a beautiful restaurant... It reminds me of eating in a library. My kids say it reminds them of Hogwarts? :) Deep wood paneling, books, nice finishings.

The menu at lunch is incredible. We have had the grilled cheese, both burgers, and the apple walnut spinach salad. All were amazing.

The portion sizes are huge. Easy to split a sandwich and each get a cup of soup...or..make a second meal out of the other half of your sandwich.

When they say "first come, first serve" they really mean it. We have been there at noon (after being opened for an hour) and they have already run out of the grilled cheese sandwiches--so come early.

While the prices are moderate ($13-15) per sandwich, they have great value as a split meal or second meal.

Finally, the wait staff here is a cut above the other Mount Dora restaurants. They are foodies and have an intimate knowledge of the menu and the chef's intent.

Recommend Highly

1  Thank jenniferhouston2
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing food and service! The duck and the filet were amazing! Great staff very friendly! We will be back next time we are in Mt Dora!

1  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

On Friday night we finally tried The Goblin Market and it was wonderful. First of all we made reservations for their dinner opening, starts at 5 PM. We were seated immediately upstairs near the bar. Decor was like you’re in a plush private library with individual 4 seat tables. Once our waiter Brian made it over I knew we were in for a great time and experience!

We started with Martinis and Manhattans that rival Ruth Chris for craft drink excellence. Our apps were Pumpkin Bruschetta and deviled eggs. The Eggs were the best I’ve ever had while the Bruschetta was above average. My family ordered Mahi Mahi, Atlantic Swordfish, Crab cakes, and River trout. I ordered the Filet with Gorgonzola. All meals come with a salad and a starch so an appetizer is really unnecessary!! Key point... As for the meals all were perfectly cooked, warm on delivery, and perfectly setup!!

Service was timely, funny, and just the right amount.Brian made our drinks, took care of GF questions with the chef, and was also entertaining.

Overall - Excellent

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We were going to go to a different restaurant, but this one looked so nice again. We had a great meal here about 7 years ago. Today, we were glad to have such a charming, cozy place to have a late lunch (3pm). We sat in the garden and enjoyed a cold Shock Top, and the Grilled Chicken Fontina sandwich on brioche with big, good fries and a small orzo salad. All were prepared fresh and hot and very flavorful. I would definitely recommend you dine there.