“On our way back home to Ohio”

Texas Tony's BBQ Shack
Ranked #63 of 1,005 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We were heading out of our stay at Marco Island and decided we wanted to try some good BBQ, so we stopped at Texas Tony's. Now I am pretty picky on my BBQ and wehn someone says they are the best, I kind of take it with a greain of salt and just look at it as marketing fluff. We started with an appetizer of fried pickles. Now I love fried pickles and when these came with just a light breading on them, so much you could even see the green of the pickle...I thought to myself...what is this? Well these were probably the best tasting fried picles that I had ever had. you could actually taste the pickle becasue it wasn't loaded with breading. For my entree I tried the brisket and the short ribs. I can't say that it was the best briskets that I have eaten, but it was right up there. The short ribs were OK...not bad, but not outstanding. I was trying to play with a combination of the hot and sweet sauces to pep them up. All in all, it was a very good meal and I was very pleased. Oh. the one thing that did set me back was the baked beans. Not sure what they did to them, but they were awesome. make sure you stop if you are in the area, I am sure that are one of the top BBQ in Florida.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch on a Tuesday. Was not crowded and service was relatively quick. I had the ribs and pulled pork both of which were delicious. Others in my party had chicken and brisket-- everyone enjoyed the food . Sides were good as well and the price was reasonable. Definitely recommend this spot.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Not a bad little place on US 41. There are plenty of choices!
We both had the half rib special. I have to admit, the ribs are pretty good!!
We had fries with ours. There are coupons in many of the local papers for here too.
Friendly staff too

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

The fried pickles are the best I've ever had. I'm from Oklahoma so this is the only place in all of SWFL to get good barbecue! Yummy potato salad and beans! I'm always shocked that this place is not standing room only!

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

. . . They're great (see photo)! First time for us and we loved them with our drinks.

But, of course, we came here for the ribs and pulled pork and Tony's delivers. My wife loved her baby back ribs and I liked the Pulled pork sandwich with cole slaw, peppers and a bunch of other great stuff, too. Among the sides, the baked beans were outstanding.

We will be back.