“Pasta Perfect”

Panevino Ristorante
Ranked #416 of 1,046 Restaurants in Naples
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Panevino Ristorante.Specializing in : Northern ItalianNeapolitans applauded Panevino when it opened in early 1996. Finally, serious Italian food had come to North Naples.Panevino ( the name translates to bread and wine) is a minuscule, Northern Italian neighborhood charmer, most everything made from scratch with the finest ingredients in a word, Bellisimo. Panevino was twice given 3 1/2 stars and mentioned in “Best of the Best” year after year by the Naples Daily News. It has been written up by Dining & Doing. Chef invites all to enjoy such appetizers as seafood salad with octopus. Baby shrimp with sundried tomato ,roasted peppers. Spedini romano. Shrimp scampi with lemon sauce; as well as entrees such as pasta plimontese, lobster raviolis, chicken scarpariello with sausage, potatoes in white wine. Veal Shank Osso bucco with homemade gnocci, mushrooms and brown gravy sauce. Dover sole fileted tableside. 7-bone baby veal chop contadina country style. Fresh Chilean sea bass. Bronzine. Veal chop Jony milanese topped with asparagus, melted fresh mozzarella white wine sauce. Fresh Salmon. Red Snaper and many more.
Reviewed 4 December 2016

Charming little Italian restuarant that is frequented by regulars. if you like pasta, especially homemade,this is your place! We had a party of four and two of us ordered the homemade pasta , followed by two veal entrees .The Lobster ravioli was amazing, actually pieces of lobster encased in a tender ravioli pasted topped with a rich and creamy red lobster sauce. If you like mushrooms, try the Pappardelle Fungi, plentiful mushrooms with a light Parmesan cream sauce. The veal entrees, the Pounded Veal Chop and the Veal Saltimbocca. The veal was done to perfection!! The staff was very friendly and knowledgable,the service was a bit slow, but it is truly a wonderful dinning experience!! A definite dinning destination!!

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

We were brought to this restaurant by friends who are "regulars "here. Located in a strip mall this restaurant is truly a gem. I had to wonder if we were still in Florida or had been transported to Italy! Our host is so well-known at this restaurant, that his favorite bottle of Montepulciano was waiting for him on the table. Our appetizer was Eggplant Rolliatini. Unbelievable. This first course is a breaded eggplant, rolled up and stuffed with spinach, sun dried tomato and ricotta cheese. It is topped off with Mariana and a touch of cream to make it pink. My main course was a special. Veal chop Panevino. The chef pounded a veal chop thinly, it was breaded and panfried, topped with asparagus, mozzarella and then baked and sautéed in a lemon and white wine sauce. There was nothing left over. Another dish ordered by our group was the salmon livornese. The sauce for this fish included capers, tomatoes, onions and olives. We were stuffed. However a complimentary glass of homemade amaretto ends each meal. We actually got refills on ours! The service is impeccable. On a Wednesday night every table was filled. I think that says something about the quality of this restaurant.

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Excellent cozy Italian restaurant. We went for a dinner after a cocktail party and we were very happy with our food. I had the Penne Pasta with vodka sauce which I loved. The pasta was cooked to perfection and the vodka sauce was creamy with just the right amount of spice.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Whenever staying a Vanderbilt beach, we try to dine here to sample one of the homemade pastas or a meat special. This time we had osso bucO with gnocchi . Lovely. Venue is compact but cheerful. Plenty of parking in this strip mall on us 41.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

This restaurant is in a mall a few doors from a Publix and close to the Inn at Pelican Bay Hotel but once inside the atmosphere is beautifully Italian. From the warm friendly greeting at the door to the efficient professional waiters it is everything you would expect to help make an enjoyable evening. I had been looking forward to a Pasta dish and I was not disappointed. The Lasagna was delicious. A starter was not in my plans but when I spotted the Cozze Luciano (muscles in white wine and garlic) on the menu I had to try it. Fabulous if you are a muscle lover like me! My wife chose Caprese followed by Pollo Cacciatore and loved both. This was our first meal on this trip to Naples and it really did please. We had not booked and the way the restaurant filled up quickly I would say a reservation may be necessary in the busy season. There appeared to be a lot of regulars dining and that is usually a good sign of consistency. Well worth a visit if you like Italian food.