“Outstanding In-Season Dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We live on Sanibel Island and drove down to The Cibao Grille. The drive is well worth the experience. This is the third time I have eaten at Cibao this season. As usual the service was very courteous and the food outstanding. In this age of “cookie cutter” restaurants and menus, Cibao is totally refreshing. A family run and operated business, every family member is quite pleasant. I recommend the Chicken Piccata and the Venetian Schnitzel. The martinis are also quite large and enjoyable, with the right balance of vodka. Also an excellence selection of fine wines. I have traveled all over the world and Cibao Grille is one of the best.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Waiter was very pleasant but did not stop back to see if everything was OK. Steak was good but more fat and sinew that I would like. Place was sold out,very busy and lots of people waiting. Atmosphere was nice but a bit noisy. Decor very nice.They did not push us despite a long line waiting. If I went back I would definitely go by 6 p.m. Mixed review by the 3 other couples thus no consensus on better than average. Menu was relatively small with three specials. Needed more wait staff. Parking easy.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We have lunch at Cibao several times a month..today we had a birthday lunch and it was excellent...it is a comfortable setting with tablecloths and red napkins...The menu offers many good choices and is very reasonable..today the special was beef tenderloin and it was great...The service is always terrific..Basillio, Pedro and Vanessa are very warm and friendly ...and efficient..
We always enjoy our visits to Cibao....I am sure others will enjoy it also..

Bob Barsky
Naples, Fl.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Owner operated restaurant that is consistent and service is remarkable. It's frequented by locals so getting reservations there can be problematic. The owner is very visible and builds great relationships with his frequent guests...this adds to an "at home" feeling which is admirable.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

expected great food based on reviews. It was just average. I had grouper and it was good but nothing special. It was so crowded and there are other restaurants that are much better.