“Good food at reasonable prices”

New ShangHai Take Out
Ranked #139 of 246 Restaurants in New Port Richey
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Although lacking in atmosphere the food is good and the prices are reasonable. Service is a little slow but you get what you order and a generous portion

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Tried them for the first time last week. Prices are reasonable and food was really good. Delivery was right on schedule and food was hot.

Ordered the cashew shrimp dinner, steamed dumplings, boneless spare ribs and hot & sour soup.

Portions are large and it was more than enough to feed two of us and still have some left over.

Minimum order for delivery is $15 but unlike some other Chinese restaurants, they do not have a delivery charge.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Its a small place, but ordered takeout for the family. The food was yummy, even the eggrolls which I am very particular about. We also got free chineese donuts for ordering 4 combos.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We get take out from here a few times a month! The owner is super nice and the food is always terrific. I'm never disappointed when I come here!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 14 July 2017

After trying several area Chinese take out restaurants, I happened to stop at New Shang Hai in the Winn Dixie Plaza, corner of SR 54 and Madison. It has been there for some time and I am unsure if ownership has changed over the years. It is a take out restaurant, although there are three tables that can seat 4 persons each.

I've found that it is wise to check the dates of reviews and also to try to determine if a negative review could be due to personal interactions versus the food and the establishment. The "Always Steady" comment caught my attention on the reviews for this place and I decided to check it out for myself. I was pleased. Wait time was brief, I ordered Spring Rolls and Shrimp with Chinese Mixed Vegetables, rice included. The vegetables were wonderfully prepared and varied and of course, plentiful. Had enough for a second meal. Loved the sauce!

Date of visit: July 2017