“Hidden French gem in North Miami!”
Review of Barok Cafe

Barok Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Barok Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 120 Restaurants in North Miami
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Description: Barok Cafe is a full service Restaurant and French Mordern Bistro combining the elegance of old world cuisine with new modern pairings, ingredients and presentations.
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Off the tourist path in North Miami, had a wonderful lunch here with very authentic French bistro food-delicious salade nicoise!

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Located In North Miami, Biscayne Boulevard and 129th Street, you find this modern and at the same time cozy French cafe in which you can enjoy tasting delicious dishes from the different French regions.

Its creators invite you to discover and enjoy "among other things, its hors d'œuvres, risottos, entrecotes aux morilles, coquilles saint jacques, or its homemade fondant au chocolat, carefully prepared by its French chef Magali. A delicious destination for a pleasant culinary experience. "

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Been there many time without give then a review, they have such a good food and very special skilled. Keep doing it so well the neighborhood really appreciated.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Nestled in North Miami in my neighborhood is an exvellent French Cafe. I confess to be enamored of it mushroom pasta but all else on the menu, from appetizers, is quite good. Best of all is this modern is the relaxing atmosphere of this light and bright French Cafe. Unpretentious. A must go.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

It's odd how I can plan every detail of an entire week in Florida for a vacation – but on the very last hour of the last day be overwhelmingly surprised by a meal that I had at the most 'unplanned' part of my trip. Thus was my culinary experience at the BAROK cafe while on my way to the Ft Lauderdale airport this afternoon.
It was a Saturday and the cafe was serving from their weekend brunch menu - a few additions off their regular fare. They advertise themselves as "Modern French Bistro" and serve breakfast, lunch and dinner - as well as some extraordinary desserts.
Coming in cold off the street I had no expectations other than to quench my hunger before a long day of traveling ahead. Immediately upon sitting we were offered a variety of coffees ranging from espresso to latte to cappuccino as well as the typical American coffee. I decided on a latte.
Out server returned with menus in hand and also delivered some ice water. This may sound a bit contrived but upon my first sip of water and simultaneously reading the first listing on the menu, I somehow knew I was in for a treat.
Throughout my week of vacation I had visited several resort pools, spas and gyms which offered complimentary water that came from a cooler filled with a variety of fruit and veg slices ranging from lemon to cucumber to orange and other tropicals native to the area. ALL of them had failed to successfully infuse any additional flavor into the water - and I hadn't realized this to be true until I took the first sip from the lemon/orange water at BAROK.
The description of their eggs Benedict had me completely sold without the need to read any more than the first line of the menu. I wasn't particularly hungry going in but at this point my salivary glands wanted those poached eggs and hollandaise sauce more than I knew.
As my latte arrived I took a few small sips and decided to casually read the rest of the menu despite my decision already being made. Or was it?. . .
While listening to a most pleasant variety of background music (which greatly added to the overall experience), one dish in particular caught my eye: Foie gras terrine (homemade) with bread and figs and salad and berries. . . They had me at ‘Foie’.
Dining with me, my son ordered the smoked salmon Benedict while enjoying the whipped top of his cappuccino.
With hardly any wait our meals arrived and I felt as if I was suddenly transported to a small cafe I once visited in the South of France.
The ambience, the gourmet decorative plating, the rich tastes and the pleasant service left nothing to be desired. Or so I thought. . .
At the conclusion of our meal and after feeling quite full, our server asked with a smile if we would like to see the dessert menu. For me, 9 times out of 10 after having such a satisfying meal, there is no room for dessert. In this case I had to make an exception - if only to see what additional surprises this experience had to offer.
The server brought over a chalk board and proceeded to describe in detail each item in a list of about ten very enticing, homemade desserts. Again, it is extremely rare for me to say this but I felt like I would enjoy each one of these items equally without reservation. To choose only one was the toughest decision I've had to make in a week yet I ultimately decided on the Crepe Grand Manier.
Even though I had no more room for its richness, somehow I found a way to thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the finale of this surprise culinary experience.
BAROK cafe is not located in a place you would think home to such an experience. Their prices are fair and reasonable and certainly not over the top. After staying the previous night at the Fontainebleau in Miami Beach and dining at one of their Michelin rated AAA restaurants, the BAROK café was an experience beyond what they could offer.