“Strongly suggest you bring a designated driver....prepare to have your tastes buds experience Nirvana!!”

Fish Hawk Spirits Gainesville
Ranked #36 of 46 things to do in Ocala
Reviewed 9 January 2018

My friend and I called Fish Hawk Distillery in Ocala and we were invited to take a tour. Loved the history and sharing of knowledge. The fact that they are committed to buying LOCAL for their ingredients and producing high quality spirits was very impressive. After the tour, came the "taste testing".... I am not a whiskey or bourbon drinker but...My mom always told me.."Just try it...You might like it!" Well, I will tell you, I'd be willing to drink their stuff! LOL! Vodka and Rum are my thing and I was very very curious about the Absinthia Rubra (warning..if you like black licorice...you'll love this). Matt, the owner (sure hope I got his name right) also made me a Lemon Drop... O. M. G!! Yeah....I bought it! So so much fun. Loved the relaxing informal atmosphere and even their Outhouse! Be forewarned... the GPS will take you down dirt paths (Seriously...they were NOT roads even if they did have street signs) that you think you should start hearing banjos playing. The GPS WILL get you there! and it is really worth going!

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

This is actually in Ocala, which I was pleasantly surprised to find. It is on a dirt road so take 161 street road off of South highway 40. At this point turn on map quest to their address I say this so you are on dirt road for a short time. Don't let the roads get you down. This tour is worth it. The bigger the crowd you bring the more fun you will have. They make whiskey, vodka, rum and grow every ingredient on site that they use. Everything is organic and let me tell you worth every penny. This is worth the trip from anywhere. If you are visiting Ocala or living in Ocala, this is one place that must be seen and an experience you will never forget. You will learn a lot about The history of Marion county and in the making of your favorite spirit. Mathew is a great guide. He is also the owner. Please call ahead and bring a lot of people and have a great day.