“Pizza in a can drowned in garlic”

Sammy's Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 537 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Went to Sammy’s on many positive reviews for a pizza. Now I’ve had Sammy’s pizza at a dinner function and it was pretty good, this visited resulted in the worst pizza I’ve ever had....ever. We were met by friendly waitress who did a cable job. Ordered the large works pizza with sausage, pepperoni, onions, black olives, mushrooms, green peppers and GARLIC. It was so overpowered by the garlic he taste of everything else was hardly noticeable. And it wasn’t fresh garlic, looked like it was pickled out of a can and the cook wanted to finish off the rest of the can. I had to scrape the excess off the pie with a fork. The mushrooms were definitely out of a can. Green peppers and onions looked like they were previously blanched. Sausage looked like pieces sliced off a loaf like spam. I told the waitress and the checkout manager the mushrooms were canned but you could request fresh ones. I replied that I never had a pizza in my life with canned mushrooms. How would I know? She replied they have been doing that for 40 years. So bottom line, it was terrible. Funny thing though the customer behind us had a pepperoni pizza and it looked wonderful. Anyway no apologies, no compensation, not even a coupon for a retry. A waste of $25. Needless to say I won’t be back. If you decide to take a chance, omit the garlic and ask for fresh mushrooms.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We first found this place when we visited the area in 2016. In 2017, we moved to the area and this was one of the first places we went to eat. Their pizza is fantastic and what a great value if you are there when it is the special of the day. Have also had their spaghetti & meatballs, cheese bread, meatball sandwich, & other things. Everything is fresh and hot. Decor is a little dated but it's always clean.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

If you want a home cooked Italian meal, this is the place to go. The food is tasty and the service is friendly.
The meatballs are seasoned the Italian way with home made Marinara Sauce with hot fresh baked bread. Add a glass of wine and you have a beautiful experience for lunch or dinner at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We are from an area in NY where there are a lot of mom and pop Italian Resturant. Since leaving there hard to find the real stuff. Sammy’s has it all! Great food, atmosphere feels like you are back home. The wait staff really hustles. You won’t be disappointed. It’s excellent!

Reviewed 12 January 2018

A group of over 30 had dinner in their back room. 2 waitresses handed the group and service couldn't have been better. All of us received our beverages, bread and meals at the same time. Plus beverages were refilled quickly.

Very impressed with the food and the service.